• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ressurect or die?

focallength

First Post
Just a question, I wanted to know how many other people never ressurect characters? Personally I never do it no matter how much I like the character, in my opinion theres a certain level of danger and excitement knowing that when a character of mine dies hes dead, so they never take stupid risks or play with their lives. This is not to say that they are cowards and dont rush into battle or avoid all risks. Its just more realistic to me, Ive seen players do stupid stuff knowing that they will just ressurect the character. So to them theres really no threat of dying.

Crothian

First Post
I don't think I've ever had one ressurected at least not in a long time. It really depends on the game and how the campaign is going. But for the most pasrt I take death fairly seriously.

palleomortis

First Post
Well, My dm usually just reserects me withoute a penalty, but I try not to die. With my dad (my first dm) When you died, you died. You would just have to sit back and wait. I am a REALLY new dm, so I havn't had anyone die yet. But I figure I will base it on where they are. If they die in the middle of town, then probably. But they will be reserected with nothing, and will be forced to do the reserectors will for about a year or two.

Zappo

Explorer
I don't mind being resurrected, especially if it's a character I'm attached to. IME, D&D 3.X is a very lethal game (there are very few games where we get a higher deaths/gametime ratio), and the availability of resurrection offsets that.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I've only had one character brought back in all my D&D gaming. I prefer to let dead characters stay dead. Raising spells just seem like a cheap "get out of jail" free card. Doesn't matter the consequences, its possible to come back.

IronWolf

blank
I let my characters stay dead when they die. I guess I am not a big fan of getting that second chance after death for my character.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads