Ressurecting gods - prophecies

carmachu

Explorer
Actually I had an idea of hearth. Didnt you mention the PC ranger having a fling witha female and getting her pregnant? Some kind of reconciliation with her might recreate her......and with her child being Death, its kinda amusing.....

Kesh

First Post
For the god of War, you could rip off the concept from the recent Chainmail miniatures game. When the god of War died, he scattered his weapons and armor all over the world. These are powerful items and, should one person gather them all, they would have the power to become the new god of War.

The downside was, armies were forming everywhere to try and claim those items, leading to (you guessed it) brutal wars.

jerichothebard

First Post
OK - here's what we've got so far:

God of the Sun and Moon: Still alive
Goddess of the Hearth/Home/Love: To be reborn when a young woman assumes her mantle.
God of Death/Law: To be reborn when the son of a possessed woman is born.
Three-fold God of War: The aspect of Conquest is ascending in the person of the orcish king. Others to follow in response.
God of Nature: Was shattered and scattered; his fragments were absorbed by mortals and resulted in druids. A sufficient number will need to give up their power for him to be reborn (probably in one of their persons).
Goddess of Time/Magic: hid herself with the arcanists out of time. Will be released when the spell is ended.
God of Trickery/Deciept/Luck/Passion: Will be reborn when a set number of 'his' relics are gathered in together in one place.

Other thoughts on this are welcome; this is merely what I'm thinking thus far.

Now, the PCs are going to need some guidance. While I could just have an NPC Mentor type (There's one or three available, including, shortly, the goddess of Time/Magic!) tell them what to do, I much prefer to give them something to figure out and argue about.

So, let's write some prophecy! You've got the basics of the world, you've got the future events that need to happen, what can we do to muddy the waters a bit?

Xer0

First Post
Jericho, you said the God of Death is gone, right? With Death gone, are people still dying then? With no one to usher people off to death and afterlife, wouldn't the world be pretty crowded? Or perhaps there's now a veritable ton of undead, ghosts and the like because there's no Great Hereafter to go to?

Wolf72

Explorer
I'm reading through the Black Company right now ... and I have visions of Kina deceivers running around trying to free their goddess (not a good thing btw)

jerichothebard

First Post
Xer0 said:
Or perhaps there's now a veritable ton of undead, ghosts and the like because there's no Great Hereafter to go to?
That's pretty much the direction I went - that the undead are a growing menace, that they are more plentiful and powerful than before. This party started off in large part as an undead hunting party; that focus has changed a bit but they're still the primary enemy.

If you are familiar with it, the next adventure will be Dragon #90's Totentanz (upgraded to work at this level). All about a town taken over by undead. Welcome to the Halmae, Spyscribe and Fajita's story hour, had a great section where they went through it.

so, yeah - lots of undead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases