• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrection City 1: The Adventure of the Sealed Room

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Arthur Pellgraine said:
"There is my source for the majority of my story, Inspector," says Arthur. "Except for the bit about the bloodstains. That story has been passed about and circulated through the household for a half-century now."

"Eminently reliable then, of course, as are most tales and stories circulated for half-centuries." Diggory grins pleasantly. "Do you mind if I take a look at this? I'd be much obliged. Naturally, I'd only look as far as the business at hand dictates."

Karl Green

First Post
Andrew Miller

Andrew clears his thoat and looks to the DEDI chap and says "I would ask dear sir, you seem unusually interested in breaking into this 'room'. Might I ask a little more about this 'order' that you repsent? I find much of this talk disturbing, and the role that you play in all of this is... shall we say, a cause for concern"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Karl Green said:
Andrew clears his thoat and looks to the DEDI chap and says "I would ask dear sir, you seem unusually interested in breaking into this 'room'. Might I ask a little more about this 'order' that you repsent? I find much of this talk disturbing, and the role that you play in all of this is... shall we say, a cause for concern"

Arthur scowls and Frater DEDI looks over at Pastor Miller. "Yes, I suppose an explanation would do no harm." He pauses momentarily. "I represent the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Of course, I cannot divulge too much about the internal matters of the Order, but I can tell you what our interest is in the hidden room. Arthur here has agreed to donate the contents of this room to our collection of knowledge, in return for, possibly, a membership in our Order, depending on its worth to us. Your apprehension towards the occult and our Order is, of course, understandable and the reaction expected of a man of the cloth. But I can assure you, any interest we have is purely academic."

Kajamba:
The diary backs up Arthur's story. You glance over the book hurriedly, not having enough time to devote to a careful reading of its contents, but what you learn is that Thomas used some sort of magickal attack to cause a servant with whom Andrea was having an affair to disappear. Andrea attempted to use another spell she found within Thomas' notes to bring her lover back, but failed and brought through some creature which killed Thomas. Andrea then attempted to use another spell and block the creature's entry to the house. After that, she walled over the study.

"And now," says Arthur, "perhaps we should go to my grandfather's study? If there are no other questions or objections?"

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Andrew Miller

Andrew looks concerned, but after a second or two shakes his head, signs and says "I suppose we should go then... please understand that all of this... is troublesome. I go along with this, but only so far. We are near the dawn of the next century, enlightened gentlemen... not suppositious savages from the dark continent."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Very well then. Let us go." Arthur and DEDI lead the way up the red-carpeted stairs to the second floor, where the stairway ends in a well-stocked game room. A billiards table dominates the room, and a dartboard hangs between the two windows. Arthur turns and leads you down a short corridor, ending at a blank wall. In front of the wall stands Gervase, the groundskeeper. He is holding a sledgehammer. The wall is denuded of the artwork which adorns the rest of the walls.

Gervase hefts the hammer and smashes into the wall. Two more hammer-strikes later, the floor is littered with fragments of plaster. Behind the newly-made opening stands a door. Arthur takes a deep breath, and opens the door. As the airs inside waft out for the first time in 50 years, they bring a strange, musty, moist smell with them...

[If either of you other two wants to post a question, go ahead. I'll post Arthur's answer, which we'll just assume was made before you went to the study. In any case, everybody make an Intelligence check]

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Trevor pulls a handkerchief from his pocket and holds it over his face to screen out the musty smell and plaster dust.

[OOC: On my INT check I roll the mighty 7 + 1 (13 Int) = 8]

Karl Green

First Post
Andrew will try and get a look inside to see what might be there... he will also start to rub his cross around his neck nervously...

Spot roll 15 +5 =20

[OCC - Ops forgot the INT check]

INT roll 6 +1 =7 bully for me :uhoh:

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Aiolos asks if he can take a look at the diary as well once Jamison is finished with it.

** the wall opening **

With a smile at the waft of forgotten air, Aiolos says "far from an ancient egyptian palace, but nonetheless." Aiolos will let the others look before him, taking a cautious purview of the corridor*, best to check what isn't drawing attention.

OOC: Int check: roll 14 +2 = 16;* Spot 18 +4 = 22

Last edited:

Remove ads