• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Retiring as moderator/administrator

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hey gang!

Some of you know that I was on hiatus as moderator for a while; I've decided to extend that vacation permanently. I love coming here and hanging out, but recently have been feeling like I'm enjoying things less because of that nagging feeling in the back of my brain that I should be moving this thread or closing that thread or stopping this or that fight. I am feeling like I don't have the interest (and in some respect, the authority) to stop fights between posters I barely know (or in some cases don't know at all).

I want to thank Russ and Kevin and the moderators for doing such a super job of keeping this ever-growing place as civil as they can. It is truly thankless work. And of course I want to thank the many, many members of EN World who go above and beyond the call of duty in their efforts to be good representatives of EN World here and on other forums. This is a really special place to me and you're the reason why. :)

See you around the boards!

Eric

Well, I'll miss you as moderator, but I'm glad you're not leaving. :)

And by all means, extend your thanks and similar sentiments to yourself as well. You've been as important as anyone in keeping the peace around here.

fba827

Adventurer
Since I am lazy, I will just quote the Mouse....

Mouseferatu said:
Well, I'll miss you as moderator, but I'm glad you're not leaving. :)

And by all means, extend your thanks and similar sentiments to yourself as well. You've been as important as anyone in keeping the peace around here.

:)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Bah!

I know the REAL truth... You are demoting yourself so I stop spamming your inbox with the free E.N.Publishing products we send to all the moderators.

But I will foil your plan you clever man!

I will CONTINUE TO SEND YOU FREE PRODUCT!

Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

Just CUZ!

:)

---

Take it easy, Eric.

the Jester

Legend
Cool, now we can get away with anything we want!

(just kidding)

Seriously, Eric, thanks for all your hard work from day one of the old site, and I am glad to see that you'll still be hanging out here.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Eric, good luck, when the fun is gone its time to hang it up. :)

HellHound said:
I know the REAL truth... You are demoting yourself so I stop spamming your inbox with the free E.N.Publishing products we send to all the moderators.

ahem... Ahh I haven't gotten anything. ;) [J/K]

BSF

Explorer
Whoa! I feel like the foundation is shaking or something. OK, I am glad you are sticking around. I am a trifle sad you are stepping down as a moderator, but your reasoning is sound. So, have fun and I will look forward to still seeing you around.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads