• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Retro-gaming

ancientvaults

Explorer
Slightly back on topic: Don't think for a moment that all of us who play retro-games are old geezers and that this is all about nostalgia. I run Labyrinth Lord and that might be a bit of nostalgia there, I admit, but I also run Swords & Wizardry, and I was 5 when that came out. To add to this, a friend's 16 year old son bought a 4e PHB, read through it and took it back to play with us old guys because S&W and LL are easier to learn and a snap to play. No nostalgia there, and really, no influence, I offered to run 4E every so often if he wanted to play; to get people into gaming I will run any version of D&D to the best of my ability. I do admit to being glad that he made the decision he did though.

I will always stand by my claim that there is more than enough room for all of us to enjoy our game of preference without bickering, especially seeing that there is no real way to pigeon-hole those who play anything from 0E to 4E.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads