• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Retro Story Hour: (Contact's) Temple of Elemental Evil 2!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I love, love, LOVE the Daern's Tower picture. It sums up everything good about the campaign. (contact), when I was first reading this, that was the point that I sat straight up in disbelief and woke up KidC. At 3am.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Piratecat said:
I love, love, LOVE the Daern's Tower picture. It sums up everything good about the campaign. (contact), when I was first reading this, that was the point that I sat straight up in disbelief and woke up KidC. At 3am.

The best thing about this picture to me is that "leather-wig-with-a-chin-strap" headgear he's got going on. Does that provide some sort of bonus to AC? I never really pictured him that way, but now I do. And madriel is right: It really suits him.

Thorntangle

First Post
Great art! Reading this story hour makes me wish I had gotten into story hours when you were originally posting this. Thanks for reposting it.

fett527

First Post
Just thought I'd poke my head in and say I'm still getting tremendous enjoyment from this. I just caught up after not reading this last week.

Oh, Rel and Thorntangle Small Beginnings has been updated this week. Pay particular attention to the tip o' the day!

(contact)

Explorer
C'min and Augustin were the 1st PCs I made with the 3e PH, and so I named them after Henry (the current moderator's) .sig "C'mon August!"

I pronounce C'min suh-MEEN, but kuh-MOHN is probably how she pronounces it.

madriel said:
Did Jespo get beat up by the other apprentices at wizard's school for that hat? It suits him so well.:D

:lol Yes, I'm sure they did.

Originally posted by Rel
The best thing about this picture to me is that "leather-wig-with-a-chin-strap" headgear he's got going on. Does that provide some sort of bonus to AC? I never really pictured him that way, but now I do. And madriel is right: It really suits him.

Man, you guys are cold. Do you know how long it took Jespo's mother to embroider his wizard's mark on that thing?

Last edited:

(contact)

Explorer
No, I left it out for luck. And it worked, too. All the characters had a lot of luck, except for Jespo. And everyone other than Jespo.

I'm only able to get to the boards from time to time, so I'll post when I can, y'all.

Remove ads