• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Revenant

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I have just uploaded Revenant to the downloads area.

Yes, I tried my hand at creating a revenant race! It's similar to the Unearthed Arcana version, but more undead.

It wound up a tad more complicated than I would like. Please let me know what you think, and whether it could be simplified or improved in any way.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Right, revenants would not benefit from traditional healing spells like cure wounds or healing word or heal which specifically say, "This spell has no effect on on constructs or undead." However, nothing prevents more exotic healing magic from working on them, if it lacks that clause. The only thing I can find in the PHB or DMG that would work to actually heal them is the potion of healing, but I'm sure there's some more obscure effects that I'm missing. Of course they can take short/long rests like anybody else.

This dearth of healing, and the fact that revenants die instantly at zero hit points, are meant to offset their powerful regeneration ability and the fact that they are effectively immortal. Flavor-wise it kind of makes them loners who can't benefit from any healing other than their own regeneration, which I think fits the revenant well.

Remove ads