D&D 5E Reverse Gravity - Does it always allow a reflex save?

Stalker0

Legend
So reverse gravity has an interesting clause. It mentions a reflex save "to grab on to a fixed object". Now in several dungeons I could imagine a floor with no fixed objects anywhere near by. Does that mean in those cases there would be no save. Or it just assumed for balance purposes that you should always get a save no matter the terrain circumstances?

Oofta

Legend
Based on the wording
A creature can make a Dexterity saving throw to grab onto a fixed object it can reach, thus avoiding the fall.​

the save is dependent on a fixed object being within reach.

R_J_K75

Legend
The first Undermountain had some cool reverse gravity traps. I cant remember the exact particulars but it was something like this, and I may have modified it a bit. The floor to ceiling height of a standard corridor was 10'. At a random 10' x 10' x 10' section of corridor there was a 10' x 10' x 10' opening in the celling with reverse gravity spell on it. It would slam a PC into it for 2d6 dam and activate a pit trap on the floor they were just standing on. Theyd fall into the pit trap when the reverse gravity ended, and it was a vicious cycle as the reverse gravity activated every other round or so. I remember a player getting stuck in one and the rest of the party hilariously trying to get him out of it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases