• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Review of 4E from a Playtester

Wolfspider said:
The rules D&D 4th edition in D&D are intuitive?

Wow!

Who would have thunk it.... :p

You know, Wolf, this is getting old. You don't like 4E, you're not going to like 4E. We get it. And of course, nobody's saying you can't offer your opinion on the game.

But is it really necessary to constantly make fun of everyone who has something positive to say about the game? Is it that hard for you to accept that some people might actually like it?

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
You know, Wolf, this is getting old. You don't like 4E, you're not going to like 4E. We get it. And of course, nobody's saying you can't offer your opinion on the game.

But is it really necessary to constantly make fun of everyone who has something positive to say about the game? Is it that hard for you to accept that some people might actually like it?

The ignore list is a great thing.

langolas

First Post
For what it's worth I'm looking forward to 4th Ed. I loved the change from 2nd to 3rd, but 3rd soon got unweildy. I hated the fact that you pretty much had to plan your entire "career" path out at 1st level. Which feats to take,skills, etc. I'm more liking than disliking the different things I've read about the game. The proof will be in the puddin' (as they say) and I will know more come summer time!

Doug McCrae

Legend
That is the single most important change to this system. I don’t care what you’re playing, whether the party’s wizard, its cleric, the fighter or its rogue, you will always have the option of doing something useful. You will never be forced (as long as you’re conscious) to simply sit and watch everyone else play because you’ve run out of spells or don’t have a high enough Spell Penetration or lack a weapon property to get through DR. Those days are done.
I f---ing LOVE this.

Once per day, when you die…
Kick. Ass.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
langolas said:
The proof will be in the puddin' (as they say) and I will know more come summer time!

For some reason, I had read that as "the proof is in the paladin". :p

Also, from Xaph's interview with Scott Rouse, it looks like 4e will let players re-spec to some extent. So go ahead and pick powers & feats, and get playing. You can always change those decisions later.

Mephistopheles

First Post
Mouseferatu said:

Well said, but to be fair I've seen just as much of this sort of attacking from the people who are enthusiastic about 4E against those who aren't. Civility isn't edition specific.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:

I've been watching the same arguments going on with Star Trek lately. There are people who simply will not give the new movie a chance because the Enterprise will look different, they have different actors playing Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, and Shatner will not be in the film. I understand where they're coming from, change can be hard to accept. There is a line though between weighing the information available and making a judgment call, and simply not keeping an open mind especially before the final product is released. I'm all for the former while I too get annoyed with the latter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads