• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Revised Psionic's Handbook

Most of the stuff from dragon 282 (I think) would be nice additions as well. An expanded Talaire article would also serve to create an easy way to integrate psionics into existing campaigns...

-Zarrock

I would LOVE a new updated Psionics book. As a huge fan of Darksun campaign world it is EXTREMELY important corebook for me. Right now, the greatest problem I am having on the message board game is the changes / admendments to the rules of psionics. Too much to keep track of.

...and for those that don't like psionics but magic- at least I don't have to handle bat doo to create a power.:D :D :D :D

KnowTheToe

First Post
I would also like a PsHB that is actually worth something. I would also pay for it without bitching. After all, I only expect new 3E stuff to be better than early release because everyone has so much more experience with it, both writing and playing.

Oh well, I'll just have to buy a Psi-binder and mish mesh all of my psi-crap into one space.

Oni

First Post
Honestly I'd prefered to the psionics rules cleaned up, made much more concise, and included with the revised core rules. I would think that would make psionics fans happy, because if it were part of the core rules then it could be supported in a wider variety of supplements. A new class is too complex if you have to have a whole new book just to run them.

Destil

Explorer
Ever since the core book revision was announced I've been hoping for this, too. Particuarly becuase if it's brought to the same size as the other 3 core books, it would be a real nice addition. Most of the mind's eye stuff is rather good, and BRC has put togeather some nice variants sine the book came out, too.

Alter the psion a little and give them bonus feats (and drop the entire resculpt mind as a feat), and add a variant sidebar for scaling powers and for power chains.

Mabye after the're done with the core books, I'm hoping. The PsiHB came out, what, half a year after the MM?

DWARF

First Post
megamania said:
Further more- you can't be a psionics fan if you liked Starwars. These guys were Psychic Warriors....not monks or mages.

Did you say that correctly? I think what you mean is that you have to be a Psionics fan if you like Star Wars, since Jedi's are all Psychic Warriors or Psions.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think there are really great ideas on this thread for a revised PsiHB. I'd buy one if it had the following:

- More psionic monsters, including the gem dragons, thri-kreen, su-monster, gem dragon modifiers for the half-dragon template, psionic versions of mind flayers, etc.

- Include the best material (if not all of it) from "The Mind's Eye" such as the plethora of new powers, the drilbu, the new feats, monters, and PrC's, etc.

- The new d20 product additions. Nevermind that its including content that's been seen elsewhere, I would love to see stuff from If Thoughts Could Kill such as secondary disciplines, power scaling, the psionic lich template, etc. Stuff from the upcoming Mindscapes would be great also.

- Please please please give a variant section on Wild Talents in the second edition style, where anyone could possibly have a Wild Talent of any single power, no matter what level.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads