D&D 5E Revisited Setting News: Its not the 2023 Classic setting, but rather for 2024

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Btw, is there like a D&D Live event thing coming around soon? They usually have some big event, digital during COVID, where they cover the upcoming year's stuff.

I assume they'd formally announce the Spelljammer, Dragonlance, and box set there. Along with anything else if it exists.
Not announced at the moment, but we are due for a Dragon+ sometime soon...

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Disappointed Guy 10032022062028.jpg

JEB

Legend
To be honest, I think a Ghosts of Saltmarsh-style treatment of Spelljammer would be pretty neat. Ghosts of Saltmarsh was an unexpected favorite of mine in 5E, so "Saltmarsh in space" is a winning pitch in my book. (Though I still might not buy if enough old-school Spelljammer fans feel alienated by any updates.)

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Nobody's confirmed that it's an adventure path yet, yeah?

It could be an Anthology book a la Candlekeep Mysteries and Tales From the Yawning Portal, too (though I imagine, if Ghosts of Saltmarsh fits this same mold, that the next Anthology book would be 2023). It also could be just a setting released in June, a la Mythic Odysseys of Theros.

What we're not getting is the next AL season until August/September, especially given that Critical Role: Call From the Neverdeep is our Spring (non-AL) adventure path. And it's HIGHLY unlikely that the AL is taking a sojourn to Krynnspace for this year's AL season. I also think the timing suggests that DragonLance is a Q4 release, with Spelljammer a Q2 release. So we'll get our Adventure Module in September like usual, Spelljammer or DragonLance in a brand new format and the other in a normal setting or anthology format, with Spelljammer in May/June (likely June to give space for the solo-release of Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse). Then Starter Set: Dragons of Stormwreck Coast in July or August, and then AL-related module in August/September, with DragonLance in October/November/December. And probably at least one more NEW product in Q4, and at least one holiday gift-set/special edition set in Q4, too.

Spelljammer will be not (only) modules and adventures but we will see a player's handbook. Let's rebember there were a good number of PC races in the UA playtesting.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
To be honest, I think a Ghosts of Saltmarsh-style treatment of Spelljammer would be pretty neat. Ghosts of Saltmarsh was an unexpected favorite of mine in 5E, so "Saltmarsh in space" is a winning pitch in my book. (Though I still might not buy if enough old-school Spelljammer fans feel alienated by any updates.)

I say have each module within the adventure anthology take place on a different planet of Realmspace.

Perhaps start with Lantan, move towards the Mercury-equivalent, then swing back around to the Tears of Selune and move outward.

Remove ads