• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (ToEE) - Part II - CLOSED!

Rhun

First Post
COMBAT, round 3

The demon hisses at its inability to hurt Coraine, and redoubles its efforts. The skilled knights catches its first swing on the edge of his shield, delecting it, but leaves himself open to the second claw. The claw rakes his flesh, leaving behind furrows of blood...but more insidiously, the flames from the demon leap onto Coraine, setting him ablaze! While the flames themselves don't harm the warrior due to his magical protection, it does point out just one more danger of facing this hellish being!

Trevor holds his position for the moment, trying to improve his concealment against the Evil Priest, and hope for a more opportune time to strike. He fades into the shadows behind the pillar, disappearing from view.

The High Priest of the Fire Temple, while no longer able to see Trevor, can certainly see Dara approaching. And having felt the blast of the warlock's power, he begins a prayer to the evil aspect of his chosen element.

Kurt moves towards the priest.

My strikes do not harm it; is its flesh to thick? But Coraine does not have time for an answer. Throwing caution to the wind, he grips his longsword in two hands, and gripping tightly, he tried to smash it into the fiend. The creature nimbly dodges the strike.

OOC to stonegod: Wouldn't gripping the blade in both hands mean dropping Coraine's shield?

Dara covers the ground between herself and the priest with quick steps, raising her falchion to strike, but her aim is totally off. At least she is in a position now to cut off his retreat deeper into the temple.

Ragnok is worried by Coraine's inability to scratch the demon ... and by that infernal fire. Still, he's grown up amidst the forges of the dwarves, and he'll be damned if he let's an overgrown tindertwig scare him! "All right, big boy, one more stroke - and let's see if you can bleed!" At least, if he can get in one good strike, he can work out if he has any chance of damaging the thing. The dwarf steps to the side to flank the demon, and slams Norryjar home with a powerful, two handed strike. The axe tears through the thing's armored hide, and thick black ichor leaks from the wound.

OOC to Boddynock: I had Ragnok 5' step to flank with Coraine...hope that is alright.

The warlock moves into the room cautiously and hurls another Eldritch blast at the priest. The energy strikes the side of the massive cauldron the cleric uses for cover, and deflects harmless away.

Round 2 updated above.

Trevor has cover (+4 to AC)
High Priest has cover (+4 to AC)

Initiative Count
23 D (Flaming Demon) - claw vrs Coraine 21 (failure), claw vrs Coraine 26 (success), damage 8 + demonic burn
19 Trevor - hide check 23 (success)
13 P (High Priest) - spot vrs DC23 12 (failure), casts spell (because of distance, noise and cover, I ruled that only Dara is close enough to identify)
13 Kurt - double move (due to armor, Kurt can't get close enough to cast sound burst w/ a single move
12 Coraine [On Fire] - reflex save vrs demonic burn 14 (failure), takes 6 points fire damage; 5' step, longsword vrs "D" 17 (failure)
11 Dara - spellcraft check 10 (failure); move, falchion vrs "P" Natural 1 (failure)
07 Ragnok - 5' step, Norryjar [PA5] vrs "D" 24 (success), damage 12
07 Verdis - eldritch blast [RT] vrs "P" 12 (failure)

PC Status
Coraine 36/44, protection from fire (47 points)
Kurt 38/38, eagle's splendor r03/30, pryaer r2/5
Dara 33/34, shield r24/30, fist of stone r2/10
Ragnok 37/49
Trevor 22/36
Verdis 27/27

[sblock=Opponent Status - Player's No Look]
High Priest -14
Fire Demon -12

Coraine on fire, Round 1/3
[/sblock]

--MAP--

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign

[sblock=OOC Rhun:] I don't understand how the demon attacked Trev (apparently an AoO, maybe?) when Trev was doing his best to remain in the shadows and as far away from the foes as possible, but, whatever man.[/sblock]

Trevor will hold his position for the moment, try to improve his concealment against the Evil Priest, and hope for a more opportune time to strike.

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=OOC for Leif]
The demon did NOT attack Trevor. It can't, even if it wanted to, due to Coraine initiating a Knight's Challenge against it. The High Priest attacked Trevor, with a ranged attack (Produce Flame spell). While Trevor was doing his best to remain unseen, any movement beyond 30' gives Trevor a -20 to Hide and Move Silently, as noted in the combat posts. So Trevor did NOT successfully hide or move silently. However, since he was behind the pillar, I did give him a +4 AC bonus due to cover.
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“Move in and attack the priest, Trev! I will be right behind you,” Dara says loud enough for Trevor to understand it as she notices him hesitating, but not too loud so the priest on the other side of the large room should not be able to make out her words. “Or wait and let me go in first, then come in from the opposite side.”

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
My strikes do not harm it; is its flesh to thick? But Coraine does not have time for an answer. Throwing caution to the wind, he grips his longsword in two hands, and gripping tightly, he tried to smash it into the fiend.

OOC: 5' step to begin to set-up a flank (which was what I was trying to start last round). Power attack: AC 16, 17 hp Doesn't include the effect of prayer (just in case other dude just canceled it w/ his own).

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara covers the ground between herself and the priest with quick steps, raising her falchion to strike, but her aim is totally off. At least she is in a position now to cut off his retreat deeper into the temple.

OOC: Move to AY92 (via BA92 & AZ93); Attack High Priest (natural 1).

Legildur

First Post
Kurt casts Sound Burst at the priest (avoiding Dara) and then closes with his long sword.
ooc: 1d8 damage and Fort save DC 15 or stunned for 1 round.

Boddynock

First Post
Ragnok is worried by Coraine's inability to scratch the demon ... and by that infernal fire. Still, he's grown up amidst the forges of the dwarves, and he'll be damned if he let's an overgrown tindertwig scare him!

"All right, big boy, one more stroke - and let's see if you can bleed!"

At least, if he can get in one good strike, he can work out if he has any chance of damaging the thing.

OOC: PA5

(Still having fun and games with IC, so Rhun, if you can roll this, I'd appreciate it.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads