Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Campaign (ToEE) - Continued

Rhun

First Post
Only Bellus's warning keeps you from being caught completely off-guard by a swarm of ghouls as they rush into the chamber from two directions.

PCs Initiative Roll = 18
Ghoul's Initiative Roll = 21

Ghoul's go first. Will post their actions shortly.

--- MAP ---

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
The ghouls swarm forward, and a reeking stench rolls over you as they do, sickening you. Several of you take wounds as the ghouls bite with foul, jagged teeth, tearing at you flesh.

Turuko is overcome with sickness, but before he can retch, he is paralyzed by a ghoul's bite.

Kobort, though, seems unaffected by the stench, and he steps forward and strikes a solid blow against one of the ghouls.

Bellus grits his teeth, drops his crossbow, and draws his morningstar. "Smells like my cooking," he says, and slams his weapon down between the creature's eyes. It stumbles and nearly falls, but manages to retain its footing.

The bite on Johann is an old feeling, one he remembers all too well. "Is that the best you can do?! Your kind tried that one before on me, and it was nothing! HA! !" his voice is verging on the crazy as he takes the damage with a wicked grin. With both hands on the warhammer he swings with reckless abandon!

Without moving, Zirat lowers his chain and takes a flask of Holy water from his belt pouch. He tries to spray the content into a ghoul's face before him.

Ciaran tries to fight off the stench. He does well, but his hawk mewls and hacks. He withdraws with Galliard and casts out a shower of sparks behing the party.

Fighting off his disgust at the stench, Meddyg once more holds his holy symbol high and abjures the restless dead back to their graves. While several of them fall into dust, one merely flees in the face of Meddyg's power, rushing away with all haste.

Caught in Ciaran's spell, three of the four remaning undead are blinded!

Ghoul Initiative 21
PC Initiative 18

Initiative Count
Ghoul 1: Move to F70, bite vrs Zirat 15 (miss), will save vrs DC16 24 (success)
Ghoul 2: Move to D69, will save vrs DC16 10 (fail, blinded)
Ghoul 3: Move to G70, bite vrs Johann 21 (hit), damage 7, will save vrs DC16 14 (fail, blinded)
Ghoul 4: Move to E70, bite vrs Turuko "20" (threat), confirm crit 08 (fail), damage 3, will save vrs DC16 11 (fail, blinded)
Ghoul 5: Move to C68
Ghoul 6: Move to G74, bite vrs Vaseda 19 (hit), damage 6
Ghoul 7: Move to F75, bite vrs Bellus 06 (miss)
Ghoul 8: Move to E74, bite vrs Meddyg 17 (hit) damage 5
Ghoul 9: Move to G75, bite vrs Bellus 16 (hit), damage 2
Turuko: Fort save 12 (fail), Fort save 08 (fail), fort save 09 (fail)
Kobort: Fort save 16 (success), 5' step to C70, bastard sword vrs G2 26 (hit), damage 10
Bellus: Fort save 16 (success), Fort save 18 (success), fort save 16 (success), morningstar vrs G7 24 (hit), damage 11
Johann: Fort save 15 (success), fort save 25 (success), fort save 26 (success), warhammer vrs G3 12 (miss)
Zirat: Fort save 20 (success), holy water [RT] vrs G1 13 (hit), damage 3
Ciaran: Fort save 22 (success), fort save for Galliard 7 (fail), 5' step to F72, Sudden Widened Glitterdust, centered on corner of F/G 66/67.
Meddyg: Fort save 16 (success), fort save 8 (fail), turning check 22, turning damage 11
Vaseda: Fort save 21 (success), Fort save 11 (fail), fort save 6 (fail) [PARALYZED]

PC Status
Turuko: -3 [SICKENED (60 rounds), PARALYZED (2 rounds), DISEASED]
Kobort: -0
Bellus: 28/30
Johann: 29/36
Zirat: 40/40
Meddyg: 26/31 [DISEASED]
Ciaran: 20/20
Vaseda: 11/17 [PARALYZED (3 rounds), DISEASED]

Opponent Status
G2: -10 [Blinded]
G3: [Blinded]
G4: [Blinded]

--- MAP ---

Attachments

• Temple Dungeon L1-O.xls
    232 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The bite on Johann is an old feeling, one he remembers all too well.

"Is that the best you can do?! Your kind tried that one before on me, and it was nothing! HA! ! "

his voice is verging on the crazy as he takes the damage with a wicked grin. With both hands on the warhammer he swings with reckless abandon!

power attack 4

(I am pretty sure a 12 misses-14 damage is to the floor)

Last edited:

OOC: I need get an AoO due to 10' reach of my spiked chain (I will roll the dice for this ad will wait for your rule. What about my divine health paladin ability to overcome the sickness?

Without moving, Zirat lowers his chain and takes a flask of Holy water from his belt pouch. He tries to spray the content into a ghoul's face before him.
OOC: 3 damage to ghoul 1. 1 damage to ghouls 3 and 4 due to splash

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Ciaran tries to fight off the stench. He does well, but his hawk mewls and hacks. He withdraws with Galliard (5' step to F72) and casts out a shower of sparks behing the party (Sudden Widened Glitterdust, centered on corner of F/G 66/67).

[sblock=Prepared Spells]
Level 0: Ray of Frost (Domain), Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Flare
Level 1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Lesser Orb of Electricity, Jet of Steam, Magic Missile
Level 2: Gust of Wind (Domain), Glitterdust, Seeking Ray, Scorching Ray
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I need get an AoO due to 10' reach of my spiked chain (I will roll the dice for this ad will wait for your rule. What about my divine health paladin ability to overcome the sickness?

The ghouls got initiative, which means you don't get an AoO as you are flat-footed. Divine Health works against disease transmitted by the ghouls, but not against the stench.

Remove ads