Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Campaign (ToEE) - Continued

Rhun

First Post
Ciaran is fairly certain that the knives and bowls are used to collect blood for sacrifice to the dark powers of Elemental Evil.

Aeron casts a regretful look around the chamber, trying to discern what's magic and what's not, as the rest of the group flees. Not wanting to be left behind with a pack of trolls at his heels, however, the Prophet at last clambers after the others after sparing a final backward glance into the room, still hoping to discern which elements bear the mark of magic.

[sblock=OOC]Last round, I'd cast detect magic in the room to try to figure out what was magical, which I was hoping would indicate which way we should avoid. I haven't received an answer (I don't think). If there's no time for the spell because we're running away, Aeron will follow the others and will ditch his spell.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aeron's detect magic spell reveals that the entire chamber radiates magic, with certain items radiating a more power dweomer. The altar, the bronze square, and the braziers seem to be the strongest, with the exception of the massive, rune-etched doors to the north.

Deren hears nothing from behind the doors to the east. Merrick follows after the halfling, ready to lead the way from the chamber.

Zirat sees nothing in the pit, besides the large bronze cube, of course. The mist collects thickly in the pit, so if something does lie below, it is obscured by the fog.

Ciaran moves toward the altar, and is almost there when you all hear the thump of the trolls beating against the secret door.

Actions?

Voadam

Legend
"Through the door now." Sir Merrick orders as he leads the party onward. "Make sure to shut it." he hisses over his shoulder. The knight peers ahead with his celestial darkvision his glaive ready to cleave asunder any threat they come upon.

"Stay away from the doors to the north!" Aaron whispers, loud enough to be heard by the others. "They're laden with magic. The altar, too. And the bronze square and the braziers. The whole confounded chamber!" The priest becomes restless with nervous energy, anxious to flee the room now that he's aware of the depth and breadth of the ill feeling that resides here.

Aeron jumps at the banging of the trolls and hustles for the east door, hoping Deren finds a way through soon.

[sblock=OOC]Dropping detect magic. Aid another, to help Deren get through the east door.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Deren, Merrick and Zirat push open the heavy eastern doors. Aeron follows, and Ciaran comes after, abadoning his idea of swiping the evil altar vessels as the troll's pound on the door behind the group.

You find yourselves in a twenty foot wide hall, painted with scenes of gross evil, death and destruction. Some scenes depict groups of worshippers and their sacrificial captives, each group being led by robed clerics. The death and destruction show in the scenes seem to come in three different forms: fire, air, and water.

--- MAP POST ---

Remove ads