• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

industrygothica

Adventurer
Abel pauses for a second when the duskblade speaks. He respected his skills as a fighter, and as a spellslinger, for that matter, but there was always something about the man that didn't settle right with him. He'd long ago conceded his handiness in combat, but that didn't mean that he necessarily had to like him.

"In time," he said finally. "I too am wounded, and so is Sandor, but I prefer to use Lathander's gifts more sparingly, and when they are in greater need." He finally turns to look at the man in the eye. "Unless of course you'd rather I be out of spells the next time you are in dire peril."

He hadn't meant to sound so harsh, but he wasn't really sorry for it as he turned and continued on the path ahead.

Rhun

First Post
Voidrazor said:
OOC - casts False Life, uses wands of Kauper's Skittish Nerves and Shield.

OOC: I am unfamiliar with the Skittish Nerves spell...could you post the basics in the OOC thread, or at least tell me where to find it?

dog45

First Post
Zeddicus turns a bright red as Abel answers him. "No, it's okay. I think I have something in my pack...." His voice trails off as he pretends to look through his ruck, only waiting till Abel stops staring at him before he puts his ruck back on and follows the party.

Voidrazor

First Post
"Um, Abel? I'm fine. But are you saying that wand I at least thought I saw you using earlier is nearly depleted? I don't want to be an alarmist, but that's really not so good. You guys still look a bit worked over. Not sucking chest wound bad, but bad."

Rhun

First Post
Current PC Status:

Helios 29/31
Abel 21/37, enlarged
Sandor 26/38, enlarged
Zeddicus 22/38

Generally I use green to indicate healthy or slightly wounded (90% or over hit points), yellow is moderately wounded (between 51-89% hit points, and red is severely wounded (50% or less hit points).

Falkus

Explorer
Seril remained quiet during the discussion, and took a position near the center of the group, so as to have a clear shot at any trouble, whether from behind, or ahead.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Voidrazor said:
"Um, Abel? I'm fine. But are you saying that wand I at least thought I saw you using earlier is nearly depleted? I don't want to be an alarmist, but that's really not so good. You guys still look a bit worked over. Not sucking chest wound bad, but bad."

"No, it isn't. In fact, before today it was fully charged. I don't mean to be crass, but if what we just encountered is any indication of what we have yet to see, I only want to ensure that it is there when we need it. But if it is the group's will, I can use it now."

ooc: Abel will use the wand to get everyone "in the green." And for the record, the mild hostility towards Zeddicus comes from the class description of the duskblade, wherein it says "barbarians, clerics, and knights tend to distrust you." Nothing personal. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia takes a position behind Seril, mentally riffling through the few Empyrean Names she had at her disposal. Should she need healing, she most certainly wouldn't be reduced to begging this priest for it. Not if she could call on a celestial to provide the same service.

...a scowl touches her dark violet-tinted lips as she realizes the only Celestial Names she can call yet are those of the great beasts, and the lowest order of Archon. Insufficient to the task.

"Their most likely course of action will be to set an ambush in our path," Talshia murmurs to the archer. "You most likely have the best eyes among us. Look high, I think."

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
ooc: Abel will use the wand to get everyone "in the green." And for the record, the mild hostility towards Zeddicus comes from the class description of the duskblade, wherein it says "barbarians, clerics, and knights tend to distrust you." Nothing personal. ;)

Current PC Status:
Helios 29/31
Abel 34/37, enlarged
Sandor 35/38, enlarged
Zeddicus 34/38

3 charges expended to get everyone in the green.

Rhun

First Post
Entering the wide passage at the far end of the chamber, you note that these rough hewn walls were worked long ago, perhaps by the city's original inhabitants. Perhaps not, though. Who knows how long these small lizard folk and furry goblin-cousins have dwelt herein?

The passage continues on for many hundred feet, perhaps an eighth of a mile of more. Soon enough though, the passage beings to widen and light begins to grow ahead of you. Exiting the tunnel, you find yourselves standing in the sunlight on the broken and cracked cobbles of a broad avenue that cuts through ruins and collapsed buildings. The whole area is overgrown with weeds and other scrub plantlife.

A deep silence hangs over the area.

OOC: Abel and Sandor are still enlarged. I figure there is probably another minute or so of the spell remaining upon them.

Remove ads