D&D 5E Ridiculous Campaign Setting Idea

Mister-Kent

Explorer
Love the setting idea, and the piston knight concept! The description reminds me of the gas-powered mobility gear from the anime Attack on Titan, which might actually share some thematic threads with your setting idea.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
No worries, I can understand it's a bit too much horror-tinged for some. Thanks heaps for the amazing artwork! Those are some really nice illustrations, I'm particularly taken by
View attachment 122167
I've an idea of a Piston Knight fighter subclass, where you get a pool of steam points that you can use to enhance the strength and ferocity of your attacks, and you could use it to propel yourself through the battlefield. Will try to think of some more ideas. With it, if you choose to do use the steam pool points, you can cause the pistons attached to your armour to fire, belching forth steam, greatly propelling your arms or legs with enhanced speed and force.

That sounds awesome, sounds a lot like a fighter subclass with a touch of artificer, much like how the eldritch knight is a touch wizard. Love that feel though!

Last edited:

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Love the setting idea, and the piston knight concept! The description reminds me of the gas-powered mobility gear from the anime Attack on Titan, which might actually share some thematic threads with your setting idea.
Thanks heaps, bro! Really glad you like the ideas. I've also heard some great things about Attack on Titan, thanks heaps also for the heads up to that, may just have to check that anime out.
Will try to post some mechanics ideas for the piston knight, and some more lore for the world! Hopefully on the weekend, when I can get some time away from work. Please stay tuned :)

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
That sounds awesome, sounds a lot like a fighter class with a touch of artificer, much like how the eldritch knight is a touch wizard. Love that feel though!
Thanks heaps, bro! Really glad you like the ideas. Yeah, that's an excellent take! I'll try to familiarise myself more with the artificer subclasses and see if they can offer some inspiration and mechanics ideas. Will try to post some mechanics ideas for the piston knight, and some more lore for the world! Hopefully on the weekend, when I can get some time away from work. Please stay tuned :)

Remove ads