D&D 5E Rime of the Frostmaiden Gnome Mindflayers

darjr

I crit!

8D7814C6-696B-425C-B466-DC173D318AF1.jpeg

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Nice! Now if only they’d ramp up the body horror and have the illithid just force its tentacles out through its host’s skull instead of transforming the body into a wacky purple octopus-person. I suppose that’s probably darker than WotC wants to go with their product though.

RogueRonin

Explorer
Every update about this adventure is messing with my expectations regarding the tone of it. At first I was excited for a grim and frostbitten horror campaign set in the dark north of the world... now tbh I'm pretty excited for Gnome mind flayers that walk on their tentacles, and scrolls of Tarrasque summoning.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Every update about this adventure is messing with my expectations regarding the tone of it. At first I was excited for a grim and frostbitten horror campaign set in the dark north of the world... now tbh I'm pretty excited for Gnome mind flayers that walk on their tentacles, and scrolls of Tarrasque summoning.

It's John Carpenter-ish, i.e., Chris Perkins morbid sense of humor in overdrive.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I mean, it's Perkins. He does horror really well as long as you like your horror with moments of levity.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Looks heavily inspired by this piece.

1596475040051.png

I wouldn't be surprised if they literally have this piece in the book. Especially as this conversation is what likely pushed Perkins into adding them into Icewind Dale...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases