D&D 5E Rime of the Frostmaiden Previews Include a Scroll of Tarrasque Summoning

Some D&D designers and freelancers have been sharing previews of what's inside Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. Take a look!

Some D&D designers and freelancers have been sharing previews of what's inside Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. Take a look!

When a wizard puts their brain inside a helmless horror.

spikey.jpg

David Sladek

A ring of warmth.

warm.jpg

Claudio Pozas

And this last item... perhaps the less said the better? Ouch!

tarrasque.jpg

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
D&D: "... Includes a Scroll of Tarasque Summoning."
Me: "Congratulations on breaking the game."

I mean it can have a great story reason and be limited to a single item, but they've created it. It will be put as an item in Roll20, D&D Beyond, etc. It's a scroll that (I'm guessing) can now be scribed during a wizard's downtime activity.

So yeah, they pretty much just broke 5e.

Wizard can scribe scroll containing spells, not any magic item appearing in scroll form (ex: Scrolls of Protection), I dont think you need to worry about having wizards or sorcerer (twinned Summon Tarasque!) conjuring Godzilla once per day. :p

Now...about crafting it....

EDIT: for the lol, it would take 100, 000 gp + a component from a CR 19+ creature + 50 workweeks to craft the scroll. No to bad a cost for ending the world.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I adore that ring of warmth. It's absolutely perfect!

Brain-in-a-jar-on-a-suit-of-armor and scroll of summon tarasque, though, is kind of harshing my vision/hopes for this adventure. Hmmm....

Yep, I'm with you on this. I was thrilled by the arctic horror theme, but the scroll, the gonzo creature and the kobolds in a trenchcoat are a little damaging to the theme.

Remove ads

Remove ads