• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of Spell Storing

Xarlen

First Post
Personally? Teleport.

Put the ring on your toe (You can wear up to 2 rings), and stuff Teleport in there.

Too many bad situations where I've been captured and couldn't cast anything. A sorceror with Still spell could pull it off, but still...

Cloudgatherer

First Post
I'm pretty sure the ring is use activated. It would get really strange if each spell in it had a different command word. "Gee, what was that word again....fireball one!. Hm...guess not, already used that one."

I'd say put a bunch of utility spells in the ring. Ones you wouldn't normally memorize (if you are a spellcaster) or a few simple ones if you are melee oriented.

melkoriii

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

...so you have not poblems with a standard-action call lightning? (Normal casting time: 100 full-round actions)

AH heheh no it would be the normal casting time. Just anyone could cast it.

I though you were saying only spell caster could cast it from the ring.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
melkoriii said:
AH heheh no it would be the normal casting time. Just anyone could cast it.

I though you were saying only spell caster could cast it from the ring.

I see. We actually agree - it's that darn miscommunication again. :)

Number47

First Post
Well, I would be more inclined to give it the Barbarian or Fighter and put Antimagic Field in it! Can you say, ouch ouch ouch?

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
An important thing to keep in mind is that any spell that get's put into the ring is weakened down to the minimum caster level, with the minimum stats needed to cast the spell in question. So things with level-depended factors (like fireball) are bad and things that allow a savingthrow (like fireball) are bad.

Heal seems like a really good option.

Divine Power(4) + Wield Skill(1) + Shield(1) might also be fun. That would give you 7 rounds of fighter-like goodness with a decent AC on one side, and a proficiency in your favorite nasty weapon (I'd recommend a large exotic going 2-handed to take advantage of your 18 strength).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads