Press RiotMinds announces Trudvang Adventures, tabletop RPG for 5E

Trudvang Chronicles, the Swedish RPG of Celtic and Norse myth, is being converted to a D&D 5E setting by publishers Riotminds.

Trudvang Chronicles, the Swedish RPG of Celtic and Norse myth, is being converted to a D&D 5E setting by publishers Riotminds.

Trudlogo_Adventures.png

PRESS RELEASE

Announcing Trudvang Adventures, tabletop RPG for 5E

RiotMinds announces Trudvang Adventures, tabletop RPG for 5E

Stockholm 2020-05-11. Swedish games publisher RiotMinds today announced the upcoming release of Trudvang Adventures, a full adaptation of the critically acclaimed award-winning RPG setting, for 5E. The game is based on the successful “Trudvang Chronicles” campaign world setting that was voted “The most anticipated game of the year” by the ENWorld community upon its release.

Trudvang Chronicles has served thousands of players worldwide for more than a decade. “For several years now, we’ve been asked by players to adapt Trudvang Chronicles to the popular 5E system. With interest in the game higher than ever, along with the incredible rise of our Kickstarter community, we have decided that now is the right time to make this happen,” says Magnus Malmberg of RiotMinds.

Trudvang Adventures 5E (TA5E) is anchored in a unique world setting of fused Celtic and Nordic myths and sagas. TA5E players are afforded the opportunity to explore the incredibly rich and visually stunning fantasy setting of Trudvang Chronicles while still remaining familiar and accessible for players of 5E. Both players and DMs will feel instantly at home and comfortable with the TA5E toolsets for their epic campaigns.

Trudvang Chronicles is licensed and translated for use in a number of countries and is also the basis for the new board game Trudvang Legends. The Trudvang Legends board game is scheduled for release later this year and is produced and published by renowned game design company CMON.

“We envision this as an opportunity to reach a broader audience with 5E being another tentpole in our strategy to serve our player community and expand the Trudvang brand. However, for fans of the original Trudvang Chronicles RPG, rest assured that we will continue to support that game with an array of new supplements and adventures. We have an exciting and extensive release plan ahead – we can’t wait to share more information soon.” Magnus Malmberg concludes.
Trudvang Adventures will be launched as a Kickstarter campaign May 23rd 2020.

For more information about Trudvang Adventures 5E please visit: Announcing Trudvang Adventures, tabletop RPG for 5E – RIOTMINDS
For more information about Trudvang Chronicles please visit: Trudvang Chronicles
For more information about Trudvang Legends board game please visit: CMON - Trudvang Legends

About

RiotMinds is a Swedish games publisher with proprietary fantasy and horror brands including Trudvang Chronicles, LexOccultum, Ruin Masters and Drakar och Demoner. For more than 20 years RiotMinds has published and licensed its games for the international market and created a range of recognized books and supplements becoming a trusted name in the industry renowned for its talent at creating immersive fantasy and horror settings.

TA5E Hero and Setting Companion

TA5E Hero Companion

TA5E Setting Companion
frontimage2-1024x553.jpg

Trudvang Adventures 5E Hero and Setting Companion books.
HEROBOOK-1024x584.jpg

Trudvang Adventures 5E Hero Companion
SETTING-1024x584.jpg

Trudvang Adventures 5E Setting Companion

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Jaeger

That someone better
...But I would push back against the idea that the tabletop RPG market is all D&D all the time right now, or even close to it. ...

The 5e explosion has mostly benefitted D&D and those willing to ride the d20/5e coattails.

But there are tons of games and game systems out there beyond D&D right now . . . from my own point of view, there is more variety in the RPG scene now than ever before. Especially with the OSR scene drifting further and further away from retro-clones and developing some truly innovative stuff.

OSR/d20 = D&D mechanics. WOTC OGL for the win. Dancey was Brilliant...

Right at 39 minutes in the video below:

He lays out what the purpose of the d20 OGL was:

To eclipse all the disparate RPG systems that fractured gaming groups.

And they did it.

The explosion in variety of game systems out there now is mostly due to the fact that almost anyone with the desire now has the tools to self-publish.

But none of that matters, because this:

Its more like many people are loathe to learn a new system. I know know 5 or 6 systems pretty well and have little interest in investing hours I could be actually be playing the game into rules mastery of yet another system....
My group doesn't have any interest in learning a new system... so, TA being converted to 5e means that I might actually get to play it now.
Now this is interesting. I loved the look of the world, but didn't want another game system when it kickstarted. Now, yes, I anticipate a lot of things to cherry pick for my own game. ...
This. I am busy with work and family and no have the time, money or energy to learn multiple systems. But I love new settings. So I might pick this up but would not have if not geared towards 5E.
...This new Trudvang will let those of us sticking with D&D as our main game to try an interesting new setting and possibly innovate the D&D engine to a degree. I'm excited, I'll probably back the Kickstarter.

Like I said - I'm not hating on D&D as a game or WOTC as a company.

Just acknowledging reality.

Last edited:

@Egg Embry This thread feels lost in the Promotions sub-forum and really needs to be moved to the main D&D forum, both so more people can read it and comment and so that I can find it again when I forget where it is. lol

Gelert

Adrian
I really like RiotMinds settings so pleased about this. The art really captures the feel of it too. Loving the Scandinavian RPGs we are seeing more of.

Watch out for what you're wish for; monopolies aren't pretty.
Monopolies aren't nice, you are right, but the open licence isn't a monopoly but more the opposite, and this is good for the fandom. Now 3PPs can publish more sourcebooks, with a different price, and with new ideas, for example base classes.

Jaeger

That someone better
Watch out for what you're wish for; monopolies aren't pretty.

Not wishing for a monopoly at all. Quite the opposite actually.

By my wishes are irrelevant.

The d20 OGL was an absolutely brilliant move for the D&D brand.

And the way WOTC is handling the 5e srd is very astute as well.

With the way the RPG market works in the US, with the market leader having such a dominant position; Giving other RPG companies the ability to make products compatible with the market leader is a win-win for D&D.

Monopolies aren't nice, you are right, but the open licence isn't a monopoly but more the opposite, and this is good for the fandom. Now 3PPs can publish more sourcebooks, with a different price, and with new ideas, for example base classes.

Not a "monopoly" in the traditional sense, But go to the video in post #32 at 39 minutes in.

It took some time, but the goal Ryan Dancey had to subsume the majority of RPG groups into playing a version of the D&D rules has been very, very, successful.

Other rpg makers making d20/5e version of their game is a great positive feedback loop for D&D; helping to cement its position of RPG market dominance.

Last edited:

Jaeger

That someone better
Trudvang is not trodden, it is getting a new lease on life through the rules of 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons.

The Trudvang setting is getting a new lease on life by making it a 5e game.

The original Trudvang game system? See my previous posts.

Remove ads

Remove ads