Rise of Skywalker - Bold Predictions Thread

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is this really a thing? Don't keep up with the comics (or books or cartoons) anymore. Makes me feel even stronger that this may be the direction they are going in.

Yep. Lord Momin. He was a Sith sculptor and architect. He had this idea of trying to destroy a city, and freeze the people in it in time at the moment of their greatest terror. That backfired, killing him, and leaving his consciousness in his mask.

Many years later, Vader is looking to construct his own castle on Mustafar, and Palpatine gives him the mask as a source of inspiration and information on how to make the castle... the most Sithy and Force-relevant he can. Or so he says.

Vader tries to use Momin to build a gateway into the Force itself, to get his dead wife back. That doesn't go well either.

OB1

Jedi Master
The final trailer/clip is super spoilerific in a game changing way.

This feels like it will be the opening scene of the film and I think ties in nicely with my prediction about what to expect from Palps in the episode

I just wanted to see Luke skywalker be as badass as he has been in the comics and books. Boy was I let down. Those fight scenes were badass.

"A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack." Master Yoda

I'd say the end of TLJ was the perfect embodiment of this ideal, and Luke was totally badass in the way that a true Jedi Master would be.

How did Palps survive?
He didn't, but the spirit of Siddious did and has been waiting for a dark side using Jedi to come along to possess and regain his full power.

Why has he been hiding for 30 years?
The spirit of Siddious has been stuck on the Death Star since Palpatine's death.

Where did he get his Uber fleet from?
The Emperor always had contingency plans based on things her foresaw. Seeing the possibility of his own death at the hands of Darth Vader, he had the fleet constructed so that when he returned to the mortal world, he would be ready to conquer the galaxy again.

Where did the resistance get their fleet from since they were crushed?
Horrified by the destruction of Hosnian Prime, a galaxy that only wanted peace is now ready to fight back once more just as it did after the destruction of Alderan.

Rey's background was Kylo lying?
Nope. And if I had to guess, Rey is one of many clones of the same force sensitive original, hence why she saw hundreds of copies of herself in the dark side cave and why there is a 'Darth' Rey.

More superweapons?
Superweapons are critical to the Emperor's plans. After dissolving the Senate in ANH, these weapons are the only way for the Emperor to maintain control without the bureaucracy. That's why we had a DSII and Star Killer Base. As part of the Emperor's contingency, he was looking to miniaturize the technology so that it wouldn't be tied to a single, super expensive and vulnerable weapon.

Is the ending a rehash of RoTJ?

Nope, the PT was about destroying the old order, the OT about rebirth, and the ST is about creating something new. The failure of the galaxy after the OT was in trying to go back to the old ways, instead of creating something new and better. Hence the Skywalkers replacing the Jedi, who, as good as they were for a thousand generations, had a critical weakness.

Amazingly, I think the ST is far more set up to tie up the entire Skywalker Saga than I would have guessed. I have a strong sense that there was a clear story blueprint behind the trilogy that Kennedy got from Lucas and that the only real misstep in the series came when they decided to rewrite the ending of TFA to center around Starkiller Base.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
"A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack." Master Yoda

I'd say the end of TLJ was the perfect embodiment of this ideal, and Luke was totally badass in the way that a true Jedi Master would be.

I just have to say. I got the same impression from that last stand of Luke's.

That this was a total badass Jedi Master move. Using the old apprentice's mistrust, paranoia, and anger against him to accomplish his goals. To save lives, and keep the spark of hope going.

I don't think that fight diminished Luke in any way, shape, or form.

Zardnaar

Legend
I just have to say. I got the same impression from that last stand of Luke's.

That this was a total badass Jedi Master move. Using the old apprentice's mistrust, paranoia, and anger against him to accomplish his goals. To save lives, and keep the spark of hope going.

I don't think that fight diminished Luke in any way, shape, or form.

Killing him off a movie to soon and Luke tossing the lightsaber and boobies milk was it.

OB1

Jedi Master
Killing him off a movie to soon and Luke tossing the lightsaber and boobies milk was it.

Where else did Luke's character have to go? He like Yoda before him had his failure and hermitage period, followed by passing on important lessons to the new hero. He also finally forgave himself, and sacrificed himself for the greater good.

As for lightsaber and boobies milk? 1. Some of that was testing how Rey would respond and 2. Being a hermit makes you weird (see Yoda).

Zardnaar

Legend
Where else did Luke's character have to go? He like Yoda before him had his failure and hermitage period, followed by passing on important lessons to the new hero. He also finally forgave himself, and sacrificed himself for the greater good.

As for lightsaber and boobies milk? 1. Some of that was testing how Rey would respond and 2. Being a hermit makes you weird (see Yoda).

1. He could have successfully reestablished the Jedi. Kylo still could have gone dark.
2. Repeating oddball hermit gig a'la Yoda.

OB1

Jedi Master
1. He could have successfully reestablished the Jedi. Kylo still could have gone dark.
2. Repeating oddball hermit gig a'la Yoda.

1. But the whole point of the Saga is this is when the Jedi Order finally failed and was replaced by something better. Destruction, Rebirth, Synthesis.
2. He learned it from Yoda. It worked, so why not try it again.

Remove ads