D&D 5E Rise of the Necromancer OOC

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Fenris and I are both excited to play! We've been trying a new auto calculating sheet (because I can't make characters to save my life) and J's was done and it disappeared. So he just has to retype it up.

Mine is mostly done but not all.

But we do want to play... <insert evil laugh>

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

eayres33

Explorer
Good to see everything rolling in, I'll be reviewing everything through out the day and tonight and try to get feedback to everyone.

Gotta dress to the nines in spiky full plate to be evil, right?

Good point xD
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION]
Ooow sounds iterresting! Will look out for it

Also quick question; could i quickly switch some of my Character? Feel like he would fit better as a strong arm of the Law with a Greatsword :p

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Updated character. Slight stats swap (strength 14 + feat + 1, charisma 17 +1) since this is PbP and I expect it to take a long time to get to 4. Couldn't make splint work for armor with the gold available, so still chain. Should be pretty reasonable though.

Not sure if I missed anything or messed anything up in the change. Background could possibly use more specific work, but then again at 1st level I think I'll still be figuring out the character as we go.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaleban Neverakos
NE Tiefling Criminal Fiendpact Warlock Level 1

AC 12 (Leather)
HP 9
Hit Dice 1x (1d8+1)

Attack
Dagger +3 (1d4+1) Melee or Ranged (20/60)
Quarterstaff +2 (1d10) (2-Handed Melee)
Eldritch Blast +5 (1d10) (Ranged Spell 120)

Spellcasting
Attack +5, Save dc13, Slot 1x 1st Level (Short Rest)

[sblock=Skills & Abilities]
Str 10(+0) Dex 12 (+1) Con 12(+1) Int 12(+1) Wis 14(+2) Cha 16(+3)

Proficient in: Light armour & Simple weapons
Saving Throws: Wisdom +4, Charisma +5
Skills: Arcana +3, Deception +5, Intimidation +5, Perception +2 (Passive 12), Stealth +3
Tools: Cards, Thieves' Tools +3

Racial Traits
ASI Intelligence +1, Charisma +2.
Age. 30 years
Alignment. Neutral Evil
Size. Medium
Speed. Walk 30 feet.
Darkvision. You see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light but in shades of gray.
Hellish Resistance. You have resistance to fire damage.
Infernal Legacy. You know thaumaturgy cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast hellish rebuke as a 2nd level spell once per long rest. At 5th level, you can cast darkness once per long rest. (Charisma)
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Infernal.

Class Abilities
Warlock 1 Spellcasting. 1x 1st-Level Slot, Arcane Focus, You know 2 cantrips and 2 Spells from the Warlock list.
Warlock 1 Fiend Pact. You know burning hands and command
Warlock 1 Dark One's Blessing (4). When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your warlock level (4).

Cantrips
Eldritch Blast - Make a ranged spell attack against a creature within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage. Higher Levels - an extra attack when you reach levels 5 (x2) 11 (x3) and 17 (x4). You can attack the same target or different ones. (VS)
Mage Hand - A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within 30 feet for 1 minute, until you dismiss it as an action, or if it is ever more than 30 feet away from you or if you cast this spell again. You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked foor or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it. The hand can't attack, activate magical items, or carry more than 10 pounds. (VS)

Spells
Burning Hands - Each creature in a 15-foot cone originating on you takes 3d6 fire damage (Dexterity ST for half damage). It ignites flammable objects in the area that are not worn or carried. Higher Levels - An additional 1d6 damage for each slot above 1st. (VS)
Command - A living creature within 60 feet who can understand you must make a Wisdom save or follows your 1 word command (Examples: Approach, Drop, Flee, Grovel, Halt) Higher Levels - An additional target within 30 feet of the other for each slot above 1st. (V)
Hellish Rebuke - Reaction, when you are damaged by a creature you can see within 60 feet - That creature takes 2d10 fire damage (Dexterity save for half). Higher Levels - An additional 1d10 for each slot above 1st. (VS)
Hex - Concentration, Bonus Action - You place a curse on a creature that you can see within 90 feet for 1 hour. You deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to the target whenever you hit it with an attackand the target has disadvantage on ability checks made with an ability you chose when you cast the spell. If the target drops to 0 HP before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn to curse a new creature. Remove Curse cast on the target ends the spell early. Higher Levels - If you use a slot of 3rd or 4th level the duration is 8 hours. If you use a spell slot of 5th level or higher, 24 hours. (VSM)
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Equipment]
Leather Armour, Daggers (x3)
Arcane Focus (Staff), Quarterstaff
Scholar’s Pack (backpack, book of lore, pen & ink, parchment, little bag of sand, small knife)
Crowbar
Hooded Cloak & Common Clothes
Money Pouch (15gp)
[/Sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Criminal
Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set, thieves’ tools
Equipment: A crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp

Personality: I always have a backup plan for when things go wrong
Ideal: I will suffer, and cause others to suffer, if it brings me power
Bond: I might actually be loyal to my patron. Or maybe it just seems that way.
Flaw:
[/sblock]

My idea is that he doesn't yet look like a tiefling (he has painful black nubs on his vertibrae and skin-bumps on his forehead) but as he levels he'll get worse and worse. Spines, Tail, Horns, Eyes, etc. All very painful.

KalebanPic.jpg

eayres33

Explorer
Good point xD
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION]
Ooow sounds iterresting! Will look out for it

Also quick question; could i quickly switch some of my Character? Feel like he would fit better as a strong arm of the Law with a Greatsword :p

Sure thing just make sure to add subtract funds as needed.

Remove ads