Rise of the Runelord Checklist?

JoeGKushner

First Post
I have the six books. I have the dice! I have the cards.

Is there anything else that would assist in running this? Any regional sourcebooks or player books that provide a helping hand?

Zil

Explorer
I have the six books. I have the dice! I have the cards.

Is there anything else that would assist in running this? Any regional sourcebooks or player books that provide a helping hand?

If you're using the Pathfinder rules instead of 3.5 the brief section on Haunts in the PF Game Mastery Guide might be useful as the second adventure in the Rise of the Runelords AP makes heavy use of Haunts and the 3.5 implementation differs from the PF version and you'll want to do some conversions.

There was also a free downloadable players book for the RoTRL AP which had some regional feats for player characters (which I suppose would now fall under the traits system PF adventure paths use these days).

I've always enjoyed having the map packages they sell for each AP because it's often more convenient than flipping around in the book, but you don't really need them - they are just nice to have. There's also a largish poster map of Varisia in the map package that might be nice to have if you're fleshing out the travel beyond Sandpoint that occurs in the adventures. At least I think that Varisia poster map was from that map set and not from the Crimson Throne map set.

Remove ads