• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ritual - Tower of Sorcery

LowSpine

First Post
I have looked through the list of spells, and now the Calss acts: Wizard article that gives some illusion spells to the wizard, and I have felt a little disappointed with some of the spells.

I realized that one of the reasons is the way spells last such a short duration. They are either encounter or sustain minor in duration (and with saves - which is like a new duration mechanic, lasting on average about 2 saves, maybe 3.)

A nice Ritual would designate a wizard's living area, tower, arcane hall, school, guild, etc where a number of Sustain Minor powers such as Light, Mage Hand, Illusionary Wall and such can be maintained even when the wizard/wizards are not present and take on a life of their own.

The same would go for summoning spells and undead, and perhaps some other spells I have not thought of.

The separate Ritual would do the same for a cleric's church, monastery, cathedral or graveyards.

Or perhaps these spells would get their own rituals. Mage Hand would become a Invisible Servant Ritual. Light would become a Ritual that bursts light into a room as you enter, but only if you belong there.

Any ideas or Rituals?

Remove ads