Road to Revolution by 0one games

Master01

Explorer
Hey All,

I know is hard to get an idea of the story, I will try to put up more information soon. In the meantime I will let Lou to enlight you (Lou, please... :)

I'm really glad you all like this adventure path, it was a great production effort from 0one and a team among the best authors and artists in the business, led by Tim Hitchock. We tried to do something fresh and easily usable in any campaign and I think we did it. To get an idea of the setting you can download a whole free chapter from The Great City Campaign Setting here Castle Ward.

Also, the adventure path is supported by many products; mainly maps (one of them was just nominated to ENNIE AWARDS 2009), but even sourcebooks like the Blueprints Backdrops. You can find a whole list here: Great City Products. The last adventure, The Sundered Legion is due next week. We plan also to continue to support the Urban Adventures line and will announce a new product very soon.

A word about editing:
Editing was a major issue of many of our products since, as someone correctly guessed, we are an Italian company. We do not, however, translate anything in italian. Our authors (with the exception of some adventures written by myself years ago) are US people. We have now many eyes proofreading and editing the adventures and sourcebook we produce and we hope to do even a better work in the future.

GlassJaw

Hero
Ok. Lots of words. Author will shut up now. Does that help?

Good stuff Lou. Thanks for replying to the thread.

Couple of other questions:

What types of enemies do the PC's face during the course of the AP? Is it mainly a human-centric campaign?

What is the distribution between combat, investigation, and role-playing in the AP?

How "magical" is the city? I know that the setting uses 3.5 as the base ruleset but is it assumed that there are "Ye Olde Magic Shops" on every corner?

knihi

First Post
Good stuff Lou. Thanks for replying to the thread.

Couple of other questions:

What types of enemies do the PC's face during the course of the AP? Is it mainly a human-centric campaign?

What is the distribution between combat, investigation, and role-playing in the AP?

How "magical" is the city? I know that the setting uses 3.5 as the base ruleset but is it assumed that there are "Ye Olde Magic Shops" on every corner?

No sweat. Ok, enemies vary by issue of the AP. Many are humanocentric, while others are heavkier with monsters. Overall, I'd say its about 60% humanocentric, except everyone who appears human, isn't always; some of the biggest bad guys aren't even remotely humanoid; there are always at least a few monster encounters, and there are brand new monsters in nearly every issue. Even when the encounters are humanocentric they tend to be original and, well...flavorful. Ever wanted to chop a mime down into bloody bits? Well now you can. I kid you not. Also, evil corrupted pantaloon and top-hat wearing shirtless quasi-undead pimp/murders with razors. I continue to kid you not. One of my fave encounters to write was against animated hookahs. Not that its whacky or Monty Hall, not at all. It's serious, but out-of-the-box, fantasy, and we've got Tendruls and Rat People and Hypnosimians (new monster) too.

For the whole AP, I think combat, investigation and RP are about 40%, 30% and 30%. But it varies by issue. For example, Bloody Fix is about 35/35/30, whereas Puncture is more like 55/20/25. It strikes a pretty solid balance as a whole path, though.

Hmmm. Definitely not "Ye Old Magic Shoppe" on every corner. Its not Realms, by a long shot. Nor is it low magic, not that either. Magic is reasonably common, but not everyone has it, and when they do its usually strong but not overwhelming. The divine is real, but doesn't walk the streets all the time. Magic informs the City, but the Great City isn't made from it. Everyone knows about magic, but there are plenty lives that remain flat out mundane -- until they do not. The potency of magic tends to be up front and personal -- and all the more real for it -- not utterly epic.

Does that help? I don't mean to be vague. But 'balance' is the answer to most of your questions.

GlassJaw

Hero
Great stuff Lou. Much appreciated.

I just read some of the reviews at Paizo and I'm very impressed. I'll definitely be picking up a few things. If I like what I see, it will be on the short list of things I'll run when I take up the DM reins for my group.

What are the future plans for the line?

Any plans to sell the The Great City Blueprints as a complete package?

Anyway, congrats and good luck on the line. Detailed cities have always been one of my favorite types of RPG products, only because it's so hard to pull off well (and run an urban campaign).

Last edited:

knihi

First Post
Thanks for your kind words, GlassJaw. I know there is another, player oriented book in the works, but Mario will have to speak to the future of the line, blueprints, etc. I'm just a lowly writer! :) I hope you enjoy.
- Lou

PS If you've got the inclination, I'd love to hear about how your group fares playing The Bloody Fix and/or the Punctured Vein. If you've not the inclincation, thats cool too. Later!

Master01

Explorer
Great stuff Lou. Much appreciated.
What are the future plans for the line?

Any plans to sell the The Great City Blueprints as a complete package?

Thanks Lou for your posts here.

The Urban Adventures/Great City line will continue to get full support. Next product will be announced shortly, so stay tuned.

The complete adventure will be sold in bundle in future (I can't say when, however), and we are also considering to make a "collector/deluxe edition" featuring artwork book, unpublished material and maps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases