D&D 5E Robert J Schwalb Answers 5E Qs today 4-6 PST

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I didn't understand the point. We were supposed to ask rules questions about the playtest document? It seemed pretty clear to me.

Abstruse

Legend
It was to ask whatever questions you had. About the design goals, what they were doing with various things, rules questions, breakdowns of the characters...basically anything you wanted to know about Next that hasn't been answer elsewhere. Or just to give feedback directly in person. Odds are the rules were the same as the AMA Mike Mearls did on Reddit - no questions about future product releases or digital tools.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I wonder how busy he was. Judging by just you guys, they seem to be getting the message out through other channels well enough that maybe not many people called. Still, they had it ready to go for three days so they must have gotten some calls.

ren1999

First Post
I agree as well. What is the point? The playtest has been out a long time now and those of us really interested in the mechanics have already argued almost every single aspect including, hit points, healing during an extended rest, automatic hits and damage as well as attacks of opportunity.

A lot of us are waiting for the next playtest which may include character building, leveling-up mechanics, and altered game mechanics based on our criticisms.

So why would we need a Q and A until the next playtest? At that time I would like to ask Robert some questions.

JeffB

Legend
Yeesh. The point is they are trying to reach out to their fanbase for this edition.

How many people complained the last time they had a QA session and could not get their questions in? Plenty.

Maybe someone who doesnt pour over the 10 page threads of useless arguing here, has a question. Or someone whoo did not get a chance to playtest before the last QA. Or any number of reasons. Talk about self centered.

If they weren't reaching out, people would be standing in line to crucify everyone at Wizbro.

They are damnded if they do, and damned if they don't.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Yeah, you have to appreciate the no stone unturned attitude of their reaching out.

I'm surprised folks are considering themselves done though. Aren't people switching around the characters and trying out different ways to approach encounters and trying shorthanded groups and larger groups? Do many groups have more than one person who can DM?

Remove ads