Robert Schwalb releases his version of Warlord

Robert Schwalb, who designed one of my favorite games (Shadow of the Demon Lord), with a version of one of my favorite classes? Sold.

Robert Schwalb, who designed one of my favorite games (Shadow of the Demon Lord), with a version of one of my favorite classes? Sold.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
At some point, if not today, it will likely either be a contranym (sanction, cleave) or the newer meaning will overtake the older, standard meaning so completely that the old meaning will disappear.
A contronym? Seems like a moot point.

G

Guest 6801328

It saddens me that the previous common misuse of irony/ironic has been supplanted by Alanis Morisette's new and vastly inferior misuse.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Like the incorrect "I could care less," ...oh, so you do care, at least a little...? nonsensical, really.

In order to talk about something, you have to care about it, at least enough to open your mouth about it.
With that in mind, " I could care less" has the real meaning of:
"The only reason I care about this at all, is because you won't stop going on about it, so please stop talking so the idea can leave my mind."

And it also means "I couldn't care less" is the less correct term, because implies you obsess about the thing all the time.

Remove ads

Remove ads