• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Robin Laws posts a column about the industry that's actually salient and sane

Belen

Adventurer
Cam Banks said:
I'm sure there's a specific audience for these. I know I'm not in that audience, and I think in general I'd rather spend my gaming buck elsewhere. Much as I am fond of minis (the kind from Reaper that you paint, not the kind you get randomly assorted in a box), I get more enjoyment out of scribbling out a map on a Chessex battlemat than I do just dropping down a piece of cardboard that may or may not work for the session I'm running.

Dude, you're not the person who they will sell these tiles too. These tiles will be bought by joe gamer who has a job, kids, and a mortgage with very little time to create dungeons for his players.

These tiles will be purchased by the same people who buy D&D minis because they cannot paint.

These tile will be bought by me because I hate to friggin' draw and it always looks like crap. I can never seem to remember to place obstacles in my dungeon to really get full use out of the movement rules.

These tiles are an awesome idea and may be one of the most exciting products to come out in the last 2-3 years!

Bad Monkey Jeff

First Post
Jim Hague said:
Kudos to Robin for getting a truly broad base in terms of information - it really helps put a lot of information in perspective.
For the record, I'm pretty sure Simon Rogers, rather than Robin Laws, assembled the commentary and wrote the connecting text of this article. Robin writes the "See Page XX" columns for the Pelgrane e-zine, but I think that's the extent of it.

(Apologies if someone else has pointed this out already.)

buzz

Adventurer
You're likely right, Jeff, as I saw that mentioned elsewhere... though it may have been by you, over on someone's blog. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads