"Role" Call - What Brings You Here?

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
Every so often, I'd search an RPG related question, and end up here reading a 50 page thread. When they announced OneD&D, I realized that I'd much rather talk about it in a place with consistent recognizable posters, especially when combined with a moderation policy that goes beyond the minimum and actually asks people to be generally polite and kind to each other.

Voadam

Legend
It's been pretty standard D&D since at least 1978, right?

1e-races.jpg
Where's my gnomes and halflings at?

Its funny that the only one smiling is the half-orc. "Just so happy to be here as part of the group!"

But you are right.

1677777637222.png

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Where's my gnomes and halflings at?

....exactly where they should be......

:)

Its funny that the only one smiling is the half-orc. "Just so happy to be here as part of the group!"

I thought he was smiling because he just ate! Which also answers your first question.

Joking aside, it is ... ironic ... the the iconic and original (I think?) race lineup for D&D omits gnomes (understandable) and halflings (!!) but includes the half-orc. Really, it does make you want to ask so many questions!

Wow. I have about five times as many posts to reactions. :)

I'm guessing the smiley means you don't need to be told this, but don't judge yourself by the ratio. This is especially true for older accounts. Reactions didn't even exist until the site was almost 10 years old, and there has been a ton of "like" inflation over the last couple years.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I'm guessing the smiley means you don't need to be told this, but don't judge yourself by the ratio. This is especially true for older accounts. Reactions didn't even exist until the site was almost 10 years old, and there has been a ton of "like" inflation over the last couple years.
Yes. I was trying for pathos. I'd call it a botched roll, but that's another RPG.

The idea was similar to the country song, "I'm pretty good at drinking beer."

I started visiting here back when rumors of a new fangled 3rd edition were swirling around. I don't think I formally joined until much later. At the time I was a HERO only gamer... although the wife and I would play 1 on 1 RPG in 1st edition D&D for a change of pace. I really liked 3rd, and joined. Been here ever since.

Game wise, right now it's just the wife and I - I have no camera for computer (or inclination to buy one) nor cellphone, so we only do in person. When covid split the group up we just never got together again. We usually have two game systems we play - our primary which is always a generic/universal system (HERO for 25 years, now Cypher System) and a D&D family game (Level Up now, Pathfinder before that, 3rd before that, and 1st AD&D before that).

Full into geek hobbies - RPGs, Video Games (solo only), Board games (co-op only), TV/Movies, Reading.

The wife an I just had our 34th wedding anniversary game. When I moved into this area she was GMing the Champions game I joined. Se started with 1st D&D from the release of the first book, I started a bit before that with the Holmes Basic. So I didn't get her into gaming. I lived the dream and married a "Gamer Girl"

Remove ads