• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Roleplaying ('killer')in the news...

kenobi65

First Post
Zander said:
Every single woman in London looks like the ones pictures. And dresses that way too. Every day. Really. Oh, and the streets are paved with gold. :)

Hell, Z, now I'm definitely coming over there to visit you!

nerfherder

Explorer
TheNovaLord said:
http://news.aol.co.uk/article.adp?id=20060725064509990001

brings back memories off a mass game of killer that spilled over into a cinema in my youth...

dont recall players wearing the sort of get up shown in the picture in my day

JohnD
When I was at Imperial College, those "uzi" water-pistols were all the rage and the police in red cars (the Diplomatic Protection Group) in South Kensington took exception to some students waving them round in public.
dpgcar.jpg

For those that don't know, Imperial College is surrounded by the Iranian, Iraqi and Kuwaiti embassies, and the DPG (unlike most British police) are armed.

Cheers,
Liam

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Zander said:
Every single woman in London looks like the ones pictures. And dresses that way too.

Only the single ones? What about the married women? Are they ugly? Look even better? I'll have to go visit london somehow - though that gold pavement would blind one needlessly. It's bad enough I have to drive on the wrong side of the road ;)

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Sckeener, either your friend is full of it, or he's an a-hole that is lucky he wasn't locked up. I lean toward the first option, although I must say it was a very interesting story to read. ;)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kae'Yoss said:
I agree that those guys should use stuff that is clearly identifiable as a toy. It decreases the chance to get you killed...

I vaguely remember reading a few years back about gangs painting their guns in fluorescent colours to look like water pistols... the theory was to make police more hesitant to open fire, as I understand it.

-Hyp.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
I vaguely remember reading a few years back about gangs painting their guns in fluorescent colours to look like water pistols... the theory was to make police more hesitant to open fire, as I understand it.

-Hyp.

The water pistols I have in mind are big, clearly made of plastic, and have big large water tanks attached to them. If those gangbangers manage to make their nines look like a Super Soaker 100 or something like that, they don't need crime, they could easily put their creative streak to very lucrative use.

This all reminds me of Airheads, where they take a whole radio station hostage with water pistols looking like real sub-machine guns filled with hot sauce.

sckeener

First Post
tenkar said:
Sckeener, either your friend is full of it, or he's an a-hole that is lucky he wasn't locked up. I lean toward the first option, although I must say it was a very interesting story to read. ;)

he's an a-hole and likes it that way.....make that a capital A-hole

I stayed away from calling him my friend. Best to say he was a coworker I gamed with...

He's definitely not someone to cross though...I remember once he was troubleshooting a problem for a user and the user ticked him off. He when into a shell and made it look like he deleted the user's data and all the subdirectories with the user watching.....the user then calls his boss over as soon as Phil left. The user explained that Phil deleted all his work and when the boss went over to Phil for an explaination, Phil played like he had no idea what the user was talking about....of course all the data is still there because it was.

that is just one of a long long list of paybacks. A bit scary.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
sckeener said:
that is just one of a long long list of paybacks. A bit scary.

If by scary you mean childishly laughable, no argument. And I got to say, his story is a pile of dung. Pull that sort of crap with a Houston cop, and you go to jail.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads