Roll 1d2??

Abyss

First Post
I am confused about some entries I have found in the monster manual. For example, the listed damage of tiny skeletions is "1d2-2" and under small skeletion it is "1d3-1". Now I have not seen a "d2" nor a "d3" so how is this supposed to be done? Obviously im missing something here, please point it out.

-Abyss

Madfox

First Post
Simple, roll a d4 or d6 and devide the result by 2, rounded up. So a roll of d6 would be: 1-2 = 1, 3-4 = 2, and 5-6 = 3.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Now I have not seen a "d2" nor a "d3" so how is this supposed to be done?

At a guess, you have several d2s in your pocket right now.

They're about half to three quarters of an inch in diameter, flat, shiny, and readily exchangeable for goods or services...

-Hyp.

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: Re: Roll 1d2??

Hypersmurf said:

At a guess, you have several d2s in your pocket right now.

They're about half to three quarters of an inch in diameter, flat, shiny, and readily exchangeable for goods or services...

Silly "Hypersmurf", if that is your REAL NAME. There is the possibility of landing on edge, so they're really d3s.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Trellian said:
I have a d3 in my collection... its a six-sided die with 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 threes...

A guy in our group has a d1 in his collection... its a six-sided die with 6 sixes... He also has a d2 in his collection: a six-sided die with 3 ones and 3 fives that he uses with the d1 when he rolls craps. :)

mzsylver

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Roll 1d2??

hong said:
Silly "Hypersmurf", if that is your REAL NAME. There is the possibility of landing on edge, so they're really d3s.

i think that only happens if you're a Tymoran.

at one point in my time one of my friends was playing her Tymoran, and flipped a coin for one of her spells (it was basically if it lands heads up - good, if not - we're screwed).

...it landed on its edge...

reminded me of that Twilightzone Episode...

I got my d3, just a d6 with doubled numbers. I actually tricked a guy into rolling stats with that, the straight 3d6 method. That poor sucker! We let him in on it when he finished though and let him reroll.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Along the same lines:

Summon Monster I, Celestial Badger, 1d2-1 damage.

1d2-1??? Why not just say it does 1 pt. of damage, since no attack that hits can do less? Silly.

Remove ads