• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Game Thread)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Niu Long-Tian said:
"Five-Hundred to fight Fifty-Thousand? Sounds like fair enough odds to me.. I wonder what miracles these brothers are expecting from us..."

Chu Pa-Chieh grunts in response to Niu Long-Tians comment as he too scans the massed rebels with their yellow scarves about their heads. He is recovered from the match with Zhang Fei and the bruises faded, his pride is still intact and well he had little dignity to lose to begin with.

"We know that the Oath Brothers are mighty warriors" he states plainly "and against rabble and frihtened peasants I am Confident that we will have our miracle"

Two heroes new to war's alarms,
Ride boldly forth to try their arms.
Their doughty deeds three kingdoms tell,
And poets sing how these befell

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Tang Rong-ying - Heavy Horseman

Raurth Snowfang said:
Niu Long-Tian sighed as he reached what would soon become the battlefield. He turned to his companions and spoke in a hushed tone:"Five-Hundred to fight Fifty-Thousand? Sounds like fair enough odds to me.. I wonder what miracles these brothers are expecting from us..."

"Bah! We will crush this rabble under hoof and blade, for we fight for the side of heaven!" Rong-ying boasts. He looks down at those of his compatriots who are on foot. "If we are to continue to do battle together after this day, you will need proper mounts." He pats Thunder's neck affectionately, "A sensible man rides to war." He grins at his companions while dire thoughts run through his mind. One hundred to one odds? he thinks, That does not seem possible. But we fight for the emperor, and if I am to die this day, then I will make sure I fight as the equal of one hundred men before I do.

possum

First Post
From your positions you can barely see the three brothers riding out to the middle of the field, and seeing Chen Yuanzhi and two other rebel leaders riding out to meet them.

All of a sudden, you see a flash of steel as Chen Yuanzhi and the other rebel generals quickly fall under the blades of the three brothers.

Seeing their commanders so quickly slain, the rebels lose their courage and flee back to their homes. In what would be the shortest battles in history, The Battle of Daxing Hills ends in victory for the Han volunteers!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Wha-What!" Chu Pa-Chieh stands up his mouth open wide in astonishment and indignation as he sees the rebels start flee.

"Do we give chase?" he asks the others "I have a horse - aaaaarggh!" he growls his frustration at not being able to feed his bloodlust

Airwhale

First Post
"Well, I suppose we get to live to see another day then."

OOC: I'm doing christmas stuff this weekend, and won't really be around till Wed. Feel free to NPC me.

IcyCool

First Post
Tang Rong-ying - Heavy Horseman

Raurth Snowfang said:
" I suppose these men make their own miracles." Niu Long-Tian said with a shrug. "Perhaps next time we will get to fight.."

"Victory is ours this day, and it was not necessary to drench the hillside in blood to determine a clear victor. You should be happy for that. Now, I'm off to see about some horses for the lot of you." With that, Rong-ying wheels Thunder around and gallops out to speak with Liu Bei.

possum

First Post
After a lengthy celebration of their first victory, the three brothers resume their march until meeting Gong Jing near Qingzhou.

It appears that you are ordered to ambush rebels who will surely march near the area.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Pang Zhu

Pang Zhu, upon hearing of the orders bows deeply to his three commanders.

"Oh mighty warriors and heaven-touched leaders, who is leading us in this most genious of stratagems? I will fight to the death to destroy this rabble that has taken it upon themselves to try and bring low the most assuredly heaven-sent Han empire."

Remove ads