D&D 4E Ron Edwards and his Barbaric Psychodelia.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The thing I found interesting was how he rather used a subset of the system to create a focus of interest for his world. World building is sometimes as much about what isn't there as what is. His character creation guidelines for his players used the most versatile element of the system (hybriding) but did so in a limited way too.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Maybe literal world-building, as in, the PCs gather the materials and knowledge to build a fourth world during their epic tier adventures.
Modern games instead of regressive ones coming down on the side of having players choices massively affect the story scope. Imagine that.

Shaping the world to fit the player characters and their concepts, can of course begin right away but as demigods bringing a new world to life does sound damn epically cool.

Modern games instead of regressive ones coming down on the side of having players choices massively affect the story scope. Imagine that.

Shaping the world to fit the player characters and their concepts, can of course begin right away but as demigods bringing a new world to life does sound damn epically cool.
It isn’t enough to gather the raw materials. The PCs have to go to the Elemental Chaos and find an elder primordial and put it in a headlock until it reveals how matter is created/manipulated. Then, the PCs have to travel to the Astral Sea and cajole a few gods into revealing how matter is made permanently stable. Then, the PCs have to deal with the immortal politics that result from the new world being created.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It isn’t enough to gather the raw materials. The PCs have to go to the Elemental Chaos and find an elder primordial and put it in a headlock until it reveals how matter is created/manipulated.
Turns out that each prime primordials only knew their part of the process... one for each different state of matter.
Then, the PCs have to travel to the Astral Sea and cajole a few gods into revealing how matter is made permanently stable. Then, the PCs have to deal with the immortal politics that result from the new world being created.

It isn’t enough to gather the raw materials. The PCs have to go to the Elemental Chaos and find an elder primordial and put it in a headlock until it reveals how matter is created/manipulated. Then, the PCs have to travel to the Astral Sea and cajole a few gods into revealing how matter is made permanently stable. Then, the PCs have to deal with the immortal politics that result from the new world being created.
Dude... DUDE... you just made me want to play this game SO BAD.
(yeah I know this is late, sue me)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases