• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Round IV is OVER

FireLance

Legend
Rystil Arden said:
As far as I know, you're not allowed to just do that...if you want a charged wondrous item, you have to pay SL*CL*1000 for 50 charges (admittedly not spell-trigger, but if you crafted it yourself, you definitely have the trigger)
Leaving aside the point that the crafting cost formulas are guidelines, SL*CL*1000 is for a use-activated item, which means that anyone can use it, not just those with the spell on their spell lists or who succeed at a DC 20 Use Magic Device check. A command-activated item, also usable by anyone, costs 10% less, at SL*CL*900.

Craft Wondrous Item makes the charged item more expensive, but also more generally useful. I would consider the cost premium to be worth it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
FireLance said:
Leaving aside the point that the crafting cost formulas are guidelines, SL*CL*1000 is for a use-activated item, which means that anyone can use it, not just those with the spell on their spell lists or who succeed at a DC 20 Use Magic Device check. A command-activated item, also usable by anyone, costs 10% less, at SL*CL*900.

Craft Wondrous Item makes the charged item more expensive, but also more generally useful. I would consider the cost premium to be worth it.
Certainly worth the price, but Craft Wand is better if you're making it for you.

ackron

First Post
Crothian said:
so, the wizards in your groups never lose their spellbooks then?

nope

or, to put it another way, when they have lost thier spellbooks, this paticular feat would not have helped them, they (we) had more problems then just not being able to prepare spells.

besides, how often could this possibly come up? I have never been in a situation (or seen one) where this feat would have come in handy. While its true such a situation could concevably arise, are you really going to take a feat that might apply once in a whole campaign (at most?)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Greater Cleave....

B/c unless you find your self as a 5+ level fighter and on semi-regular basis slaughtering goblin villages its absolutely useless.... However I do see a benifit in Cleave as an extra attack after dropping your oppenent can be rewarding.

My Next vote...
Improved Familiar .... I have yet too see any litature on why a Phsyudo (sp?) Dragon would be any better than a toad. When I mean litature I mean actual bonuses that you would get from having this thing as a familiar. Besides the fact you have a dragon instead of a toad.

No Name

First Post
Snatch Arrows [general]

Deflect Arrows wouldn't be so bad if you could block a number of arrows equal to your dex bonus, or something along those lines. I bet Kwai Chang Caine could do better than one arrow every six seconds.

:D

Anyway, my vote is for Snatch Arrows for the "Lets take a bad feat and modify but not improve it" reason.

Oh yeah, this is my first post. Hello all. I am nobody important. /bow

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads