Round up of Osprey RPG books released and upcoming

timbolton

Explorer
I was deeply impressed by Paleomythic. Streamlined but with enough meat on its bones to allow for a lot of playstyles and character variety.
So I will definitely keep an eye out for Righteous Blades and Dark Places. I LOVE SF Horror and Wuxia/Martial Arts movies. If the rules are as beautifully streamlined and capable as they were with Paleomythic, they're exactly my cup of tea.
I played a session with author Jonathan Hicks at Gen Con 2020, definitely streamlined and extremely fun to play - he has three blogs now up at Osprey Games, worth checking them out because he is going through game mechanics etc, part 3 is about character creation: Blog - Those Dark Places RPG - Designer Blog #3 - Osprey Publishing

Eilathen

Explorer
I'm really curious about the Wuxia game and the Jackals game. Is there more to know about how the mechanics in both those games work etc.? Setting for those games? etc. .

timbolton

Explorer
I'm really curious about the Wuxia game and the Jackals game. Is there more to know about how the mechanics in both those games work etc.? Setting for those games? etc. .

Jackals - John has run some adventures for this in 2020 at various game conventions. In terms of mechanics it is based on OpenQuest system.
Righteous Blood- there is some info in the links above, but Jeremy writes a lot here: https://jeremybai.com/rbrb-info

timbolton

Explorer
Scott Malthouse, author of Romance of the Perilous Land, has posted about the future of the game -

And his first release is now available here - Heroic Origins: 20 Backgrounds for Romance of the Perilous Land - Trollish Delver Games | DriveThruRPG.com
and also here - ROMANCE OF THE PERILOUS LAND: HEROIC ORIGINS by Trollish Delver Games

aramis erak

Legend
I would be curious about any potential follow-up endeavors for Paleomythic.
As am I.

I will say that I find handing off support for RP lines distasteful... why? Because Osprey has always maintained VERY high standards for layout and content editing.

I've no experience with Trollish Delver, no name recognition either. (Tho', for some reason, it tickles my memories about James Shipman & T&T.)

timbolton

Explorer
@Aldarc - for follow on stuff for Paleomythic, I would definitely check here: Paleomythic
That is Graham Rose's website, he wrote Paleomythic. Both Paleomythic and Romance of the Perilous Land had versions prior to being published by Osprey and though the only RPG (upcoming) that looks like it will get more than one book is Jackals (there will be the main book and a campaign book), both Graham Rose and Scott Malthouse (writer of Romance, and his blog is "Trollish Delver"), continue to produce material for their respective books. And yes, Scott is a big fan of T&T and has written adventures for that game.

timbolton

Explorer
I will say that I find handing off support for RP lines distasteful... why? Because Osprey has always maintained VERY high standards for layout and content editing.
In terms of handing off - the games are being continued by the respective authors of their books. Yes, Osprey aren't providing additional support which I agree is not ideal, but the people behind the games want to see them grow, even if the publisher can't produce new material with them.

Aldarc

Legend
Also, I would HIGHLY recommend joining this group on Facebook for Paleomythic, where Graham Rose is active - Facebook Groups
It is definitely worth being on there.
I'm a member already, but I find that a lot of Facebook groups, this included, seem to involve mostly posting links about the paleolithic age and images for inspiration. While nice, this sort of posting tends to overshadow the actual resources and news.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases