• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(RP) Dangerous Legacy

Vendetta

First Post
Something doesn't look right about the elf before you, to Sel's eye, but he can't put his finger on it. But nothing gives you cause to think that things are not on the up and up.

"A chamber filled with the walking dead, you say?"
The elf says, almost surprised. "Where?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Liam gestures behind himself.

"It was a few chambers back and up some stairs. I could point you the way, but we appear to be having a little trouble with this portcullis. It came down separating me from my friends. . . and you from your quarry it would seem."

Vendetta

First Post
"I'm sure we can do something about that." The elf suggests and turns to the guard that has come with him. "Let's get some men on this portcullis." Almost all of the guards step up, though only a few can 'fit'. ((Since we've no PC "strong guy", I'll forgo the roll)) With the help of Thomas and Krueger from the outside, and 4 good strong men on the inside, the portcullis is forced up and the two groups swap positions.

"Up some stairs this direction, you say?" The elf confirms, once the two groups appear ready to move on.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Liam greets Sel and Jaeden as they are reunited thanks to timely aid from the mysterious new group. He turns again in response to the elf's question.

"Indeed. If you are quiet as you approach you are bound to hear them as you draw near. There are a lot of bodies moving that shouldn't be. What do you intend to do about them? There may even be too many for your group to face directly."

Knight Otu

First Post
Sel lets Liam direct the other group, looking at his companions if they might recognize the newcomers.

Assuming that the other group goes on its way, Sel whispers. "I guess we should take the path that they didn't use then... odd. Where did they come from, anyway? Did they take the front gate?"

Vendetta

First Post
"Perhaps they are. But we have a "Call Stone"* that the assembling army of the King can use to find us once we find the horde." The elf says in responce to Liam's description of how large the force of the undead. With that, the second group makes their way up the cavern from which you have just come.

"Bah, who cares! Now we knowed wot direction ta go." Krueger gripes, agreeing with Sel's observation.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Liam scratches at his chin and shrugs.

"I don't know how they got in, or where so many came from in such a short time. I fear there is something we have overlooked, but Kreugar is right. We have our mission, we must move on lest our delay puts Lady Asta into even more danger."

So saying, he makes ready to continue deeper into the tomb.

Vendetta

First Post
and with that, the group moves down the corridor to the south. Soon, it opens up into another room.

This oddly shaped cavern is also filled with interesting shrines. Though, they do not appear to be dedicated to heroes, per se, but rather to “elite” members of historical Enberton. The shrines are in a state of disrepair as if someone, or something, went on a rampage in here. All around the room are skeletal corpses in decayed clothing.

Remove ads