RPG Crowdfunding News – Rewards & Rarities, Traveller, Reach of the Roach God, and more

This week I look at RPG and RPG-related crowdfunding projects that run from December 5th through the 13th. Many of these are quickstarters that run two weeks, so I’m looking at campaigns that are closer to their end date than I normally do. This is part of the holiday season as companies continue to run new campaigns, but tighten up the amount of time they’re up. As always, this is not an exhaustive list, but a sampling of some of the options available to back.

Rewards & Rarities.jpg
Rewards & Rarities from 2CGaming
  • END DATE: Sun, December 5 2021 8:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for the PDF and hardcover of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? If your 5e campaign needs more magic items, mundane equipment, mounts, and more, this book offers around 150 pages of options. They offer rewards like siege weapons, titles, and followers, which are interesting items to obtain in game. These items expand on areas that aren’t always detailed in other 5e supplements. If you’re interested, check the campaign page for a link to a preview PDF.

Yarg's Guide to Puzzles & Traps for 5e.png

Yarg's Guide to Puzzles & Traps for 5e from Anthony Woods
  • END DATE: Mon, December 13 2021 11:59 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This 5e book gives you over 50 traps and puzzles to challenge your players with. Each of these traps has a death rating so you get an idea of how dangerous they are at a glance. The project includes maps with and without the trap, which is a great so you don’t have to do theater of the mind until the trap is sprung. If you need more traps for your game, try this book out.

Traveller RPG- The Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society II.png

Traveller RPG: The Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society II from Mongoose Publishing
  • END DATE: Sun, December 5 2021 10:00 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Traveller
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £85 with free worldwide shipping for the slipcase and four books in PDF and print
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This campaign will create three Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society (JTAS), volumes seven to nine, coming in at 128 pages each plus a slipcase. These are Traveller sourcebooks offering every type of content from NPCs, weapons, aliens, maps, adventures, activities, and more. If Traveller speaks to you, this project gives you more material to draw from and in a nice presentation. UPDATE: Three additional books have been unlocked, volumes ten to twelve. Thanks to harunmushod in the comments for pointing this out.

Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book.png

Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book from Gaming Ballistic
  • END DATE: Tue, December 7 2021 10:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Powered by GURPS
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $65 + S/H for the PDF and print of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This RPG is for a book of monsters for use with GURPS. This book offers broad based fantasy characters for use in any GURPS game. As the campaign states, most campaigns want more monsters and this book aims to please. If you’re a fan of fantasy GURPS, this is worth checking out.

REACH OF THE ROACH GOD - Part of A Thousand Thousand Islands.jpg

REACH OF THE ROACH GOD - Part of A Thousand Thousand Islands from Centaur Games
  • END DATE: Wed, December 8 2021 10:59 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: SGD 75 + S/H for the PDF and print of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? From Southeast Asia, this book is 200 to 300 pages of system neutral settings inspired by the vast caves of the region. Think underground rivers, entombed jungles, caves of all types, and roaches. You get three starter adventures, three cave bound societies, tools used underground, and additional options from below. If you’re interested, the campaign page has a PDF preview to check out.

Red Giant- A Cursed World TRPG.jpg

Red Giant: A Cursed World TRPG from Rookie Jet Studio LLC
  • END DATE: Thu, December 9 2021 10:17 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $30 for the PDF and POD versions of the book
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: Red Giant Quickstart Rules is free at DriveThruRPG
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The sun’s turned red and the red light has awakened a world of horrors. This RPG seeks to bring action horror animes to your gaming table. Inspired by Vampire Hunter D, Berserk, Castlevania, and Claymore, this RPG uses a unique system that is similar to Over Arms and Ryuutama. At the campaign page or DriveThruRPG, you can download the quickstart of the game.

Aether Adrift RPG for Savage Worlds.png

Aether Adrift RPG for Savage Worlds from DemonSkunk Studios
  • END DATE: Thu, December 9 2021 3:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $15 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This concept has a 1980s action cartoon setup. An ark ship from Earth crashes on a planet of floating islands. There the humans and robots meet the good rabbitfolk and discover ruins with advanced technology that could fix their ship. Enter the evil alien empire that also wants the tech and each adventure is a quest to get the next part to fix the ship before the other side gets it first. There’s layers like who are the rabbitfolk and who made this advanced tech and why the humans are colonizing other planets, but at its core, this has that 1980s vibe. If you’re a fan of those types of stories and Savage Worlds, this is worth exploring.

Carved in Stone.png

Carved in Stone from Dungeons on a Dime
  • END DATE: Mon, December 13 2021 7:43 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £30 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This book features system neutral history and details about the 7th century Pictish people of Scotland. Advertised as a resource for storytellers, students, and historians, the book should paint a picture of the highlands in a rarely depicted piece of history. This touches on the late Roman Empire, the five languages of the land, the separate kingdoms, and more. If you are interested, there’s a PDF preview available via the campaign page.

Uncommon Monstrosities.jpg

Uncommon Monstrosities from J.E.Shields
  • END DATE: Thu, December 2 2021 10:00 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Miniatures
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $45 for the STL files for 65 monsters and 20 bases
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? J.E.Shields is one of the more prolific RPG stock artists. With this campaign, he’s offering something new: His imaged converted into 3D miniatures. You’ll get the STL files to print out his monsters so you have the art from the book and a version ready for the gaming table. If you’re a fan of his work and looking for some monsters based on his art, this is worth checking out.

1UP Dice from Infinite Black
  • UPDATE: Per Kickstarter, "1UP Dice (Canceled) is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable."
  • END DATE: Thu, December 9 2021 9:30 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Dice
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $27 + S/H for the 11 dice, dice tray, an app, and a mini-adventure PDF
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? RPG dice in Nintendo-inspired cases that feature cool art is the base pitch. I think the dice and cases look nice, but the neat part is they include mini-games using the dice that could be used with your RPG. For example, they have one to create potions. If you’re looking for dice with an 8-bit feel and some fun extras like the mini-games, this is worth clicking on.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Last edited:

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

harunmushod

Explorer
The Traveller JTAS Kickstarter is indeed for three issues (7-9) of the JTAS but worth mentioning that it included stretch goals for another three issues (10-12) all of which have been unlocked. Also only the £85 pledge, which I backed, includes the “Guide to the Starport of the Marches”.

(I have no association with Mongoose Publishing, other than as a customer and Kickstarter backer).

The Traveller JTAS Kickstarter is indeed for three issues (7-9) of the JTAS but worth mentioning that it included stretch goals for another three issues (10-12) all of which have been unlocked. Also only the £85 pledge, which I backed, includes the “Guide to the Starport of the Marches”.

(I have no association with Mongoose Publishing, other than as a customer and Kickstarter backer).
Good call out. I've updated that info in the article. :)

talien

Community Supporter
A lot of trouble with creators reaching their goals (or yikes, copyright disputes) this week. Wonder if it's a bad time to run crowdfunding between November/December?

A lot of trouble with creators reaching their goals (or yikes, copyright disputes) this week. Wonder if it's a bad time to run crowdfunding between November/December?
Some creators have a large enough fanbase to make these months work, but for smaller publishers it's a challenging time.

Weiley31

Legend
1UP Dice from Infinite Black
  • UPDATE: Per Kickstarter, "1UP Dice (Canceled) is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable."
  • END DATE: Thu, December 9 2021 9:30 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Dice
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $27 + S/H for the 11 dice, dice tray, an app, and a mini-adventure PDF
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? RPG dice in Nintendo-inspired cases that feature cool art is the base pitch. I think the dice and cases look nice, but the neat part is they include mini-games using the dice that could be used with your RPG. For example, they have one to create potions. If you’re looking for dice with an 8-bit feel and some fun extras like the mini-games, this is worth clicking on.

Wow! 1-UP received a copyright take-down by Nintendo.
Wow.............that's a bloody shame too. I was gonna show my one bud the kickstarter as I know he would've been super psyched about the Legend of Zelda inspired dice sets they had on there. In fact, as somebody whose first console ever was the Nintendo, I got an absolute kick out of the whole thing and was really thinking about backing it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases