RPG Evolution: Dice Gifts for Gamers

Everyone needs dice, and for fans of click-clacks there's a treasure trove to choose from.

Everyone needs dice, and for fans of click-clacks there's a treasure trove to choose from.

Please Note: I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://amazon.com. Amazon regularly posts and delists items so these may not all be in stock, and if you plan to purchase these for the holidays check delivery times as some may be shipped from overseas. Listings are in price order from lowest to highest.

dicegifts7.jpg

Rainbow Silicone Dice Set ($10)

This set includes seven colorful and squishy dice that are made of eco-friendly silicone and have a unique bouncy experience. They come with a clear display case that showcases the rainbow spectrum of the dice.

dicegifts3.jpg

D6 Bullet Metal Dice Set ($22)

This set includes six metal dice that are shaped like bullets and have a brass or copper color. They come with a metal storage box that has foam inserts to protect the dice. These dice are suitable for war-themed games like Warhammer 40K. The sparkly blue numbering reminds me of the ultraviolet ammunition used by lycans to kill vampires in the Underworld film franchise.

dicegifts6.jpg

Polyhedral Metal Dice Set ($25)

This set includes seven metal dice that are made of zinc alloy and have an antique bronze color. They have a dragon scale texture and a dragon head design on the highest number of each dice. They come with a leather pouch that has a dragon logo on it. These dice are rather majestic -- think for a paladin or a good-aligned cleric.

dicegifts1.jpg

Magic Book Dice Tower ($26)

This dice tower depicts books floating on a table and is a perfect accessory for any character who uses magic, such as a wizard, sorcerer, or bard. It is made of resin and has a sculptural and artistic design. It can roll one or two dice at a time (just don't overdo it, there's not much in the way of guard rails on this dice tower). A whimsical gift for players of arcane casters.

dicegifts2.jpg

D6 Metal Dice Set ($26)

This set includes six solid metal dice that are 16mm in size and have a unique design, using lines instead of dots. They come in various colors . I prefer the multi-colored set, if only to be able to easily distinguish each at a glance. These dice are ideal for futuristic d6 systems like Shadowrun.

dicegifts4.jpg

Hollow Orb Dice Set with Egg Container ($30)

This set includes seven metal dice that have a hollow dragon motif and a translucent orb design. They come with a dragon egg container that's a prop unto itself (and you can use to shake up your dice if you're so inclined). Perfect for dragon fans.

dicegifts5.jpg

Bullet Dice Set with Spinning Revolver Cylinder ($65)

This set includes seven metal dice that are shaped like bullets and have a silver or black color. They come with a spinning revolver cylinder container that resembles a classic revolver and ensures the safety and easy storage of the dice. The container also doubles as a fidget toy and an ammo counter. These dice are suitable for sci-fi-, steampunk-, or western-themed tabletop games.

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This got me going down the Etsy rabbit hole, and I found some nice D&D monster tokens to add to my collection. Thank you!
Etsy is stuffed full of great roleplaying stuff. I've gotten tons of dice, both for everyday use and novelty stocking stuffers, and tons of other accessories from there.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I have to agree with the "If I can't read them, it doesn't matter how pretty they are." That only seems like its a given with the rainbow set here.

DaffCon1

Professional Lurker
This is something that has bugged me, of late... You can buy a set of 7 silicon dice. You can buy a seriously chonky silicon D20. No one seems to sell sets of silicon D6s or single, regular-sized silicon D20s. I'd happily buy both, if it was an option, but if it is, I've not been able to find them.

(Also, I find it odd that many silicon dice are uninked. The ones I've purchased were inked, but there's a lot that aren't.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This is something that has bugged me, of late... You can buy a set of 7 silicon dice. You can buy a seriously chonky silicon D20. No one seems to sell sets of silicon D6s or single, regular-sized silicon D20s. I'd happily buy both, if it was an option, but if it is, I've not been able to find them.

(Also, I find it odd that many silicon dice are uninked. The ones I've purchased were inked, but there's a lot that aren't.)
They've only really been on the market for a single year or so. I suspect they're a little more challenging to produce at this point, and people only want to sell them in forms that recoup the either larger amount of time involved or specialized equipment of some sort. But so many people are selling them now, including on Etsy, that competition should be driving them to sell singles in the new year. (I spend way more time looking at dice for sale than I ought to.)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads