RPG Kickstarter Zine Quest News – The Initial Seven Zines

Kickstarter’s February initiative is called, Zine Quest, and it features RPG zines. Built on a nostalgia for the early days of tabletop when zines – single color, hand-folded mini-magazines – were an integral part of the scene, this initiative appears to be reigniting that interest. Over 20 zines have dropped since February 1st and more are lined up. In this article, I look at Zine Quest Kickstarters ending between February 10th and the 21st.

Mini-Dungeon Monthly: RPG zine for D&D 5th Edition by AAW Games
END DATE: Fri, February 15 2019 1:07 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $1 PDF, $5 PDF and POD
“The new monthly RPG zine from AAW Games. Each issue features five brand-new Mini-Dungeon adventures for D&D 5th Edition #zinequest”

Gamma Zine, Issue #1 by Throwigames
END DATE: Fri, February 15 2019 5:00 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $3 PDF, $3 POD, $5 PDF and POD
“A fanzine dedicated to first edition Gamma World and other early science fiction role-playing games. For the Zine Quest KS project.”

Creature Feature Quarterly Vol. 1 -for- The OSR by Jeremy Hart Illos
END DATE: Fri, February 15 2019 11:27 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $3 PDF
“A monster zine for the OSR DnD crowd. 13 new monsters with lots of fluff to read, adventure seeds, paper miniatures and VTT tokens.”

Reunification: a letter-writing game about reconciliation by Travis D. Hill
END DATE: Thu, February 21 2019 10:00 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $5 PDF, $10 print and PDF (free shipping in the USA, shipping & handling applies outside of the US)
“An RPG storytelling #zinequest about a war-torn family and their journey towards reunification.”

[h=3]ENDING SOON[/h]
Zine Quest: The Era Zone! by Shades of Vengeance
END DATE: Sun, February 10 2019 4:00 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $3 PDF, $6 plus shipping & handling print and PDF
“A new and unique zine from the creator of the Era games, which will bring fresh material for all the games to players around the world!”

Hexagram #1, an Old-School RPG Zine for The Fantasy Trip by Steve Jackson Games
END DATE: Wed, February 13 2019 6:03 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $3 PDF, $6 plus shipping & handling print and PDF
“A retro-style collection of articles for and about The Fantasy Trip.”

Delayed Blast Gamemaster #1 by Philip Reed (of Steve Jackson Games)
END DATE: Wed, February 13 2019 6:03 PM EST.
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $3 PDF, $10 print and PDF (USA-only)
“A 44-page saddle-stitched zine loaded with ideas for use with most fantasy RPGs.”

[h=3]RPG KICKSTARTERS BY EN WORLD COLUMNISTS[/h] D.I.R.G.Ezine by SMHWorlds (Sean Hillman), Amanda Makepeace, Andrea Fornero, Rachel Quinlan, Nadia Heller, Dawn Gilreath, and more
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $5 PDF, $10 plus shipping & handling print and PDF
“An RPG-zine based on encouraging diverse ideas and diverse creators. The focus will be on world building, design, and art.”

Love's Labour's Liberated - A 5e RPG Zine by John McGuire, Leland Beauchamp, and Egg Embry
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $5 PDF, $12 print and PDF (free shipping in the USA, shipping & handling applies outside of the US)
“Cavaliers, Enchanters, Magic Items wrapped in the theme of February, love, for your 5e campaign.”

POWERED by the DREAMR, a PbtA RPG #ZineQuest by Egg Embry
HOW MUCH IS THE ZINE? $5 PDF, $12 print and PDF (free shipping in the USA, shipping & handling applies outside of the US)
“Dreamrs, we are such stuff as dreams are Powered on, and our little life is rounded by the Apocalypse. Complete Powered by the Apocalypse RPG in a zine.”

If you like what we do here at EN World (the Forums, Columns, News, ENnies, etc) and would like to help support us to bring you MORE please consider supporting our Patreon. Even a single dollar helps! This article was contributed by Egg Embry as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. Please note that Egg is a participant in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to DriveThruRPG.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

dave2008

Legend
I'm going to check these out so it is not a big deal, but it might be helpful to see the funding goal in these write-ups.

I'm going to check these out so it is not a big deal, but it might be helpful to see the funding goal in these write-ups.

dave2008,

This isn't quite what you're asking, but, of the 35 Zine Quests I'm watching right now, here are some goal numbers:

• Goal of less than $500 - 10 Kickstarters (all currently over their goal)
  • Goal of $500 - 7 Kickstarters (4 currently over their goal)
  • Goal of $501 to $999 - 3 Kickstarters (2 currently over their goal)
  • Goal of $1,000 - 10 Kickstarters (7 currently over their goal)
  • Goal over $1,000 - 5 Kickstarters (2 currently over their goal)

25 of 35 are over their goals already.

Thank you,

Egg Embry
Love's Labour's Liberated - A 5e RPG Zine