• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG.NET down [Again] ?

Psion

Adventurer
Oh good - without those flamewars, I was starting to get a little chilly.

And just in time, there's a MSH thread. Perhaps I should drop by and chime in with "Why dicelessness is wrong" lecture #3. ;)

Staffan

Legend
Psion said:
And just in time, there's a MSH thread. Perhaps I should drop by and chime in with "Why dicelessness is wrong" lecture #3. ;)
Marvel Super-Heroes isn't diceless. You roll a d100, and cross-check the result with your power/ability rank on the table and get either a white (failure), green (so-so), yellow (good) or red (great) result.

Andy Kitkowski said:
...and three times a week, consistently, for the past three weeks?

Whatever.
From what I have been told by Shannon - yes. They are looking at changing ISPs and colo facilities (look at the error - the problem isn't that the site is down, it's that the www.rpg.net doesn't resolve to the IP address, people with the IP string have reported no problems getting to the site these past few weeks).

It seems to occur at fixed times during the week (when the ISP is updating?). They complain but the whoever they go to for that is very slow at responding, hence the looking to move.

- Ma'at

Andy Kitkowski

First Post
>>>>>
the problem isn't that the site is down, it's that the www.rpg.net doesn't resolve to the IP address, people with the IP string have reported no problems getting to the site these past few weeks).
>>>>>

The IP is 157.22.238.26. (forums is 157.22.238.27)

Nothing. Page cannot be displayed.

EDIT: The obnoxious thing is that shop.rpg.net is still up and running fine, but then again it looks like it's on another host entirely (207.44.216.110)

The provider keeps shutting off the site for bandwidth reasons, or they have a script that keeps auto-dropping the site. Their ISP is actively cutting them off at the knees, constantly.

Yeah, I know that we keep bugging them to set up the pay features, and I know they keep saying "next week, next week"... but man, soon it's gonna be too little, too late...

-Andy

Last edited:

Remove ads