• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGA adventures

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
pedr said:
One comment on the Undermountain stuff: from what I've seen and read, the Undermountain adventures at Origins and GenCon are adaptations of the published adventures in Expedition to Undermountain. Certainly you need a copy of the hardcover to run them (I think that copies will be provided to Origins/GenCon judges).

So it's not likely to be 'extra content' to any significant degree.

However the upcoming Living Greyhawk 'Greyhawk Ruins' mini-campaign is going to be extra adventures exploring less challenging bits of Castle Greyhawk (and, it sounds like, interacting with various Greyhawk City factions). The aim is to provide adventures which get PCs about half-way to the level they need to be to start playing Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk - so a Living Greyhawk PC would have to do some other modules but should have plenty of time before the Expedition is released for Living Greyhawk play, something I don't really expect to happen this year.
Well, that was a real bad news/good news post!

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
pedr said:
However the upcoming Living Greyhawk 'Greyhawk Ruins' mini-campaign is going to be extra adventures exploring less challenging bits of Castle Greyhawk (and, it sounds like, interacting with various Greyhawk City factions).
This is not to say that it is any less deadly. More likely they will be a tad less complicated, things that can get done in a tightly-bounded time slot.

pedr

Explorer
Eric Anondson said:
This is not to say that it is any less deadly. More likely they will be a tad less complicated, things that can get done in a tightly-bounded time slot.
Well, by 'less challenging' I meant 'for character levels 1-4', really. Knowing Living Greyhawk, they'll probably be reasonably deadly, if you play them with appropriately levelled characters.

Shadowdancer

First Post
From the information on the RPGA Website, each of the Greyhawk Ruins adventures -- there will be four -- will be equal to four standard LG Core mods. So each should take about 16 hours to play.

As for the Expedition to Undermountain minicampaign, the entry on the RPGA site makes it sound like you will be able to order and play these four adventures as home-play mods. But since it is set in the FR, you will probably have to create a new character to play, using the guidelines already posted on the RPGA site for creating a third-level character to play at Origins and/or GenCon.

Wik

First Post
The only RPGA adventure I know that's easily available is "mad god's key", in DUNGEON magazine.

If only they were all like that, eh?

Remove ads