RPGer's Retirement Planning (for laughs)

Thourne

Hero
Just a silly idea I had, join in if you'd like. I mean we aint getting any younger.

What is something as a gamer you should consider in your retirement planning?

I'll start: Enough additional funds to repurchase a minimum of 2 future editions of your books.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Actually easier for me to answer this than to plan for my gaming while working.

I'll want to primarily run in-person games again. When I retire I expect to move (an may move after kids are off to college) so I'll want my next home to have a proper game room.

That's basically it. I don't expect major changes in my gaming spend. At most, I may get back into physical terrain and painting miniatures. I would like to budget to have money set aside to go to conventions more often. I would like to go to my local convention and then travel to a different distant convention each year: Gen Con, Gary Con, etc.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
As I've been getting older, I've been planting the seed for over a decade that a group of us should look at buying out a block of retirement housing and live withing (aged) walking distance. RPGs are definitely part of it, but just children (or not) who are busy with their own lives, this gives us our chosen family close by.

Ryujin

Legend
As I've been getting older, I've been planting the seed for over a decade that a group of us should look at buying out a block of retirement housing and live withing (aged) walking distance. RPGs are definitely part of it, but just children (or not) who are busy with their own lives, this gives us our chosen family close by.
Similar, but the idea being to buy up some wooded land, in the American Pacific Northwest, and put up a container castle.

The more realistic goal is to make sure that I have enough saved up to make periodic visits to my friends in the Seattle geek film making community.

Ryujin

Legend
A lawn.

So that I can yell at kids to get off of it.
You won't have to worry about the look. Age confers it naturally, for most.

Q3070151.jpg

(From a recent test of portrait lighting.)

Remove ads