• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGNow paid reviewers

MonsterMash

First Post
Personally I started doing reviews before I recieved any free copies of pdfs largely because I like to be able to check reviews before I buy. Getting free pdfs or books would not change my approach to reviewing, though like Pinotage said I probably find myself being more thorough about reviewing items I've recieved for free and that way I see more variety of materials.

Personally I am committed to reviewing some older books as they are now available as pdfs through drivethru rpg or second hand on ebay so the reviews are still useful. The main trouble is trying to find the time to work through everything, which is why I've dropped out of the pdf review scheme for a while.

jaerdaph said:
I'm not a reviewer. I'm leaving comments.
That's just semantics.

I'm sorry you somehow feel afronted by someone else having the audacity to respond "Yes, I found this helpful" to your comments. I don't see what you gain or lose by someone expressing their opinion of your comments. But still, you don't have to leave comments.

genshou said:
I'm a newcomer to the idea of reviewing products at all. Most of the ones I own already have several reviews posted, and I don't usually buy anything when it's "new", so I'd feel I was simply writing something redundant if I wasn't getting a new product just for the sake of reviewing it.
You should still leave the review. If nothing else it reenforces the value of the other reviews. Now the person who comes after you to look at the product will see that TWO people though it was good at such-and-such and bad at something-else.

rpghost

First Post
For Immediate Release
September 28, 2005

RPGNOW EXPANDS

RPGNow, the forefront of the PDF games industry and the first site to offer Print-on-demand in addition to PDF product, is expanding! This October, the premier PDF sales site will become two sites, offering gamers everything from best-selling releases from top Publishers to innovative products on the cutting edge.

The flagship site, RPGNow.com, will offer PDF, Print-on-demand and electronic product from the top 100 publishers in the business: Wizards of the Coast, Green Ronin, Atlas Games, RPGObjects, Ronin Arts and many more. High-quality gaming releases from established publishers with a proven history of giving gamers what they want -- all in one location, and easy to find.

A second site, RPGNow Edge, is being created to showcase the best in small-press innovation and indie publishing, pushing the envelope of what is possible in gaming. The creation of this dedicated site will bring more exposure to small-press companies, allowing them to compete on a more even playing field, without fear of being eclipsed by the larger publishers.

What does this mean for the RPGnow customer? Improved convenience and selection:

- One Login–No need to create an additional account or worrying about managing additional passwords. You can access the Edge as well as RPGNow with one user name and password. Products can be added from both store fronts to one central shopping cart for the ultimate in checkout convenience.

- Quick Browsing–No more wading through category after category trying to find a product to suit your needs. All of the excess clutter has been removed. Brand new navigation and an enhanced search feature on both sites allow you to easily find what you're looking for, whether by product, publisher or even keywords.

- The Power in YOUR Hands–Designed with the customer in mind, the new RPGNow allows the customization of our interface to suite your needs. These advanced features will allow you to find what you want, how you want.

In addition, the look of RPGNow is being reworked from the ground up to be the most intuitive and best-looking electronic delivery store in the business. A smart interface will allow you to move between both sites at any time at the mere click of a button.

We're also taking steps so that customers visiting RPGNow and RPGNow Edge will be able to purchase with increased confidence:

- Staff Reviewers–Our own special team of professional reviewers is on hand with honest assessments of products, to let you know which ones you don't want to miss.

- Improved Ratings System–A quick and easy rating system that allows customers to rate a product with a click of a button. This new rating system will assist you in making purchase decisions and ensure that you can buy a product with confidence.

The expansion will be occuring in October. Watch for updates from the RPGNow staff as the new features become available, and thank you for making us the leader in game industry PDF sales!

RPGNow: We Created The Business. Now We're Making The Business Better.

Starglim

Explorer
One-click rating by customers sounds like a fine idea. How will the results appear in the product screen? It would be good to see the distribution of ratings but not clutter up the panel of comments.

I noticed that staff reviewers have started posting.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
genshou said:
I'm a newcomer to the idea of reviewing products at all. Most of the ones I own already have several reviews posted, and I don't usually buy anything when it's "new", so I'd feel I was simply writing something redundant if I wasn't getting a new product just for the sake of reviewing it.

Actually, leaving comments about older PDFs is actually more useful -- in terms of sales, that is -- than comments for new products. So if you've loved (or hated) any of my older releases please take a few minutes to post a comment or two at RPGNow. (Of course, now I'm assuming that you've bought one or two Ronin Arts PDFs . . . I could be very wrong.)

genshou

First Post
philreed said:
Actually, leaving comments about older PDFs is actually more useful -- in terms of sales, that is -- than comments for new products. So if you've loved (or hated) any of my older releases please take a few minutes to post a comment or two at RPGNow. (Of course, now I'm assuming that you've bought one or two Ronin Arts PDFs . . . I could be very wrong.)
Actually, the only "big" publisher I've bought from on RPGNow is E.N. Publishing. Maybe it's exposure; I hang out on EN World a lot more than I do on the Ronin Arts webpage... :p

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
genshou said:
Actually, the only "big" publisher I've bought from on RPGNow is E.N. Publishing. Maybe it's exposure; I hang out on EN World a lot more than I do on the Ronin Arts webpage... :p

Well fine, make me cry, then. :)

Remove ads