RPGNow paid reviewers

genshou

First Post
philreed said:
Well fine, make me cry, then. :)
Ok. :]

Seriously, though, Ronin Arts looks to have some great stuff, and I'm particularly interested in the starship ones. I'm just not in need of any right now, because I don't have a Modern gaming group.

Now, which products are you responsible for, again? There are so many Ronin Arts PDFs on the RPGNow page, I can't find where I saw your name o_O

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
genshou said:
Now, which products are you responsible for, again? There are so many Ronin Arts PDFs on the RPGNow page, I can't find where I saw your name o_O

If you want a listing of PDFs I worked on use this search. It doesn't get everything (and I'm not sure why) but it gets probably 3/4 of the PDFs I've worked on.

This thread made me guilty enough to go back and leave comments for some of my purchases from RPGNow. Turned out they were the ones which everybody else had commented on already .....

I'm not sure I know how to comment on stuff that I bought for a dollar or two on a whim. Should the price play a part in comments?

For example, I have a Vigilance 1.31 (copyright 2002) which cost me next to nothing a few months ago, and I am very satisfied with it at that price.

Would it be fair to give it a low rating, based on the fact I prefer the much more expensive Mutants and Masterminds, and maybe point out a few weaknesses which are no doubt fixed in Blood and Vigilance (which I don't have)?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
jmucchiello said:
That's just semantics.

I'm sorry you somehow feel afronted by someone else having the audacity to respond "Yes, I found this helpful" to your comments. I don't see what you gain or lose by someone expressing their opinion of your comments. But still, you don't have to leave comments.

In retrospect, I think you are right, Joe, now that I've seen how the process works. What I would have really objected to is a rating placed next to my comments like at amazon.com - "X out of Y people found this comment helpful." But since RPGNow isn't doing this, it won't be a problem for me. Sorry if I sounded snarky.

As for comments vs. reviews being a matter of semantics, I reserve my right to disagree. :)

I would like to add that the changes that are being made at RPGNow all seem to be for the good, for both customers and publishers.

I'm looking forward to many more years of shopping at RPGNow and RPGNow Edge.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Psion said:
One wonders why they link RPGnet reviews at the bottom of RPGnow products, but not ENworld reviews.

I assume that this is because RPGnet and RPGNow are affiliated professionally via the RPGShop, whereas RPGNow and ENWorld have no direct professional affiliation (i.e., some ENWorld affiliates being publishers that utilize RPGNow isn't quite the same thing as having RPGNow manage a section of ENWorld). Of course, this is merely speculation.

Crothian

First Post
jdrakeh said:
I assume that this is because RPGnet and RPGNow are affiliated professionally via the RPGShop, whereas RPGNow and ENWorld have no direct professional affiliation (i.e., some ENWorld affiliates being publishers that utilize RPGNow isn't quite the same thing as having RPGNow manage a section of ENWorld). Of course, this is merely speculation.

I think they are though the EN World shop

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Crothian said:
I think they are though the EN World shop

Didn't know that RPGNow was the ENWorld shop. My only other guess would then be that RPGnet has been doing reviews since the mid 1990s, so has a significantly larger and less system-specific review database than ENWorld.

Remove ads