• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGui - Feature Requests

TogaMario

First Post
I had started programming a simple RPG-aimed chat interface for people who'd like to be able to play any kind of RPG online with their friends. I need help identifying some of the key requirements for being as versatile and easy to use as possible. Here's what I know I need so far.

(o) A chat interface that allow private messaging to specific players, as well as displaying the results of random die rolls.

(o) A system of choosing which die to roll and how many.

(o) A map display interface, and a simple way of marking and masking it.

(o) Character sheet records (visible to the player of the character, and the DM only) ... this one I'm having trouble on, since there are so many different variations.

I do not want to cross into the realm of having to make sure I have permission to use licenses, so specific and copyrighted/trademarked/registered names can not be used.

RaVan

First Post
The Character sheet records is a tough one, especially if you want it to be dynamic to keep track of HP, etc...

However, for the 1.0 version, maybe just a file sharing system so that the players could send their character stats to everyone (or just the DM) if they so choose. This would also be useful for the DM to post images or share other files with the group.

GodPhoenix

First Post
Here's a suggestion...have the character record interface actually look like a character sheet. That'd be more intuitive than some programs I've seen out there.

TogaMario

First Post
Heh, It won't even be that complex :) I don't want to charge for it, that's why 1.0 is gonna be bones, but it will work, dern it :D So, I'm taking notes, and I'm almost done with the chat interface's first pass, so I'll have a test program up in a few days.

TogaMario

First Post
I thought about making the Character sheet look-alike, but then do I have to get permission from Wizards to use the d20 ruleset, even if it's in a free program?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads