• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Rule Clarification

Aye, overlap but not identical. But unclear where the disguising factors are.
I don’t know the minutia of the rules, but just from the words it seems clear to me.

Natural weapons are weapons that are natural, part of the body.

Unarmed strikes are a type of attack. Specifically an attack you make without being “armed.”

The question is if you are “armed” when you have natural weapons? Since this is typical applied to PCs, the follow up is are humanoid fists (hands) considered natural weapons? If not, you are unarmed and it reads naturally. If they are, then unarmed strikes doesn’t considers natural weapons as “armed.”

xiphumor

Legend
I don’t know the minutia of the rules, but just from the words it seems clear to me.

Natural weapons are weapons that are natural, part of the body.

Unarmed strikes are a type of attack. Specifically an attack you make without being “armed.”

The question is if you are “armed” when you have natural weapons? Since this is typical applied to PCs, the follow up is are humanoid fists (hands) considered natural weapons? If not, you are unarmed and it reads naturally. If they are, then unarmed strikes doesn’t considers natural weapons as “armed.”
In light of throwing stance requiring you to wield a weapon and the strange consequences of natural weapons gaining the thrown and rebounding property, it would seem that you are unarmed. Likewise, the dragonborn using natural weapons to make unarmed strikes supports this reading.

Remove ads