Rule of Darkness -Book II Chapter 3 Last Update 19 June 2008- Book I Completed

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Get well, Ghostknight

I hope you get better soon.

It would be shame to see this story goes to nothing.

Hang on in there, your fans will wait it out...

Best wishes from Croatia

Ghostknight

First Post
My apologies for the delay- but it is likely to still be .longer. Unfortunately ny life is just falling apart. In addition to the financial woes- now my wife wants to get divorced. It just piles up- and at the moment i am a bit of a wreck, trying to knit myself together, while making sure the kids are as unaffected as possible. We all know they will be affected, but hopefully we can make the transition as smooth for them as possible.

Ahh, its the start of a long process- and I'll get to writing when I can, but at the moment things are still too raw.

Neurotic

I'm sorry...

...to hear that.

I found out hard way that woman go with the money :( Once you lose it, you lose them too. Children suffer, but they don't seem to care too much except for the alimony it gets them :(

Maybe I'm little too harsh, but that just impression I got from my experience...

I hope you (both of you) manage it better.

Ghostknight

First Post
Unfortunately it wasn't just the money. that we would have worked through. But I was an idiot. I came very close to having an affair. It didn't happen, but the fact as far as my wife is concerned is that she basically has decided she can't trust me anymore and thus that she cannot live with me. Its harsh- but I can't blame her. Its my own actions that got me to this point. Yeah, the affair didn't happen, I didn't go through with it, but it still went far beyond the boundaries.

Neurotic

Well...

It wasn't ONLY money in my case, but pretty close to it. Luckily we didn't have children...it was actually clean break, but bitter taste remains.

And I would blame her. The fact that you didn't go through with it even given the chance should give her security that you wouldn't not that you would.

Of course, If you would go through then it is a problem.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Ghostknight, my condolences. And ... since You hadn't this "sidejump" I'll tell that Your soon to be ex-wife is a person who thinks only about herself. And You got children, too. IMO it's horrid, for them.

Important question is, do You want to continue Your life with her ? If Yes, spare no effort in persuading her that separation might be better. You can sleep in other room as long as she wishes to be alone. Explain to her that if she hates You, why kids have tu suffer ?

And, on the cynical sidenote, let me guess ... You trusted her judgment and told her everything about your "almost betrayal" ? Or You were "busted" ?

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry for shoeing into Your private life GS. I just miss Your prose. :eek:

Ghostknight

First Post
Its over- I'm staying at my parents until I sort things out a bit. What a model for the lost middle aged fart- divorced and living with his parents!

Initially I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, now, yeah she is starting to get nasty and the kids are the ones that are going to get caught in the middle. Ah well, I have three siblings, and all three are lawyers, so at least that won't be an issue.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
I am sorry for You and Your children. From Your posts it seem that You soon-to-be ex-wife is caring less for them and more for some sort of "vengance" against You. :\

[stupid joke]Is she a demon ?[/stupid joke]

But seriously, You got my best wishes. For You and for Your kids. Hope it will not harm them too much.

BTW, three lawyers in family ? Now I know why You wrote about devils. :] :p ;)

Neurotic

Lawyers

No, Rikandur, AT LEAST three lawyers in the family. I believe he said siblings, not mentioning father, grandfahter, uncle etc.

I'm sorry Ghostknight, I hoped you will have better experience then I did, but seems not.

Ghostknight

First Post
Yeah- three siblings that are lawyers, as well as some cousins that are lawyers. At last count, it was in the region of around 7 lawyers in the family- though the bulk are in commercial law.

Remove ads