Runelord Rookie Requests Recommendations

smcc360

Explorer
Hi, there. I'm going to be running the Savage Worlds adaptation of Rise of the Runelords as soon as it arrives in my hot little hands. I'm looking for advice from anybody who's run this Adventure Path in the past on how to best present it to my players. Any and all advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

And I didn't know if this thread belonged here or in the Pathfinder forum--sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

Mortaz

Explorer
The adventure path does a good job of slowly roping the player's into the over arching plot to save the world. They start out in the town of Sandpoint in a region of Golarion that in know for ancient ruins and dangerous locations. So you shouldn't have any problem creating reasons for them being there. In pathfinder there was a players guide that had plenty of background and hooks the players could have. Don't know if the Savage Worlds version will have a similar supplement but it's not necessary. In my game I had a mix of players either from the town, related to someone in the town or just arriving off the boat ( the town is called Sandpoint so it's costal). The adventures starts off very quick with an attack on the town during an annual festival. The players gain some notoriety for their heroic actions during the attack and its not long before they get recruited to help determine the root cause of the bold attack. There are plenty of opportunities for side quest early on before getting to the main adventure. The first few chapters of the adventure seem to be a number of unrelated events ( but they are not) . Eventually everything leads to the main story line. I really enjoyed listening to my players theories about what was going on and how different parts of the story were related. I'm sure you will enjoy it too. Hope this helps.

Remove ads