Dragonlance Running a Dragon War: Shadow of the Dragon Queen video from WotC.

darjr

I crit!
Wizards discusses things in the new adventure helping you run a Dragon War.

Especially the dragons, lots of dragons, from Draconians to things like the Dragonelle and eventually true Dragons.
IMG_0335.png
IMG_0336.png
IMG_0338.png

They bring up Aowen fighting the witch king as what they are going for in the war combats. Zooming in to what the players are doing, though increasingly dangerously, random war events will intrude.
IMG_0338.png
IMG_0339.png
IMG_0340.png

They then discussed the board game, a partner project, a standalone board game with it's own campaign.
IMG_0341.png

It is as if they were sending a message to Paramount Pictures about Dragonlance as their ultimate cash-cow. After the action-live movie we shouldn't be surprised with other action-live production set in Dragonlance, but not with the companions of the lance yet.

Stormonu

Legend
I'm really beginning to wonder if the Draconian and Dragonnel stats are going to be repeated in the adventure or if you'll have to have Fizban's. Either way would be a bit of rankle, the main reason I had any interest in Fizbans was because of the Draconian stats, after all.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I'm really beginning to wonder if the Draconian and Dragonnel stats are going to be repeated in the adventure or if you'll have to have Fizban's. Either way would be a bit of rankle, the main reason I had any interest in Fizbans was because of the Draconian stats, after all.
They're more than likely going to reprint any relevant stat blocks in the module that needs them. Hopefully they update them to more closely match the originals.

Libertad

Hero
It is as if they were sending a message to Paramount Pictures about Dragonlance as their ultimate cash-cow. After the action-live movie we shouldn't be surprised with other action-live production set in Dragonlance, but not with the companions of the lance yet.

I honestly get the feeling that Critical Role is D&D's primary media juggernaut, even if they aren't a part of Hasbro to my knowledge. It's subjective, but I've encountered a lot more D&D newbies acquainted with Jester and the downfall of Tiberius than Tanis and Lord Soth. Dragonlance fans are closer to Greyhawk fans in already being involved in the fandom. Additionally the last DL book published before Dragons of Deceit was nearly 10 years ago. Dragonlance can get big again, but it's been stalling for quite some time so will need a hell of a boost.

I honestly get the feeling that Critical Role is D&D's primary media juggernaut, even if they aren't a part of Hasbro to my knowledge. It's subjective, but I've encountered a lot more D&D newbies acquainted with Jester and the downfall of Tiberius than Tanis and Lord Soth. Dragonlance fans are closer to Greyhawk fans in already being involved in the fandom. Additionally the last DL book published before Dragons of Deceit was nearly 10 years ago. Dragonlance can get big again, but it's been stalling for quite some time so will need a hell of a boost.
Luis speculates about tons of potential cross over, and multimedia things. It's pretty much their thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases