D&D 3E/3.5 Running Wilderlands Campaign- 4e or 3.5?

WereSteve

First Post
New versions of the modules from Goodman are handy for attitional background material and expanded sections not included in the originals. For the majority of the modules, the stats can be used from the originals and the rest filled in on an as needed basis. Just a matter of offering more ways for the DM to allow characters to get into all sorts of trouble. If I remember correctly, Citadel of Fire is about double the size of the original if not slightly more.

Next up on my to wish list is _Threat In The North_ from Pegasus #8 which I already have just about tripled the amount of material from the original. In part, more detailed character backgrounds than the original along with additional material for Damkina, Steading of Quinden, Bighsdale, and Fortress Marsapak (sp?). As to if it would make the cut to print ... not sure at this point what the plans are for future ... although I must admit after seeing the tidbit about a slightly updated release of True20 ... it is tempting to go in that direction.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
The WoHF box set from Necromancer as many have said is pretty independent of any system. You can use it pretty much for any version of any game. That being said there are a lot of 3E redos out there that if you stayed with 3E may make it easier if you want to go the module/adventure route (geez I can never break the habit of calling adventures modules - must be my age - lol) as there won't be a need for any conversions on your part. That said, if you are going to get one module that has been redone, my favorite is the Dark Tower (through Goodman Games). I think it is pretty much the crown jewel of Judges Guild stuff. However, WoHF will work with 4E just fine. That's just my two coppers . . .

Thieves of Badabaskor, written by myself, takes place in the map south of City-State. It Wilderland materials details a bandit ring running in the area.

Citadel of Fire takes place in Map 1 in the far northwest corner of the Wilderlands. It's wilderland details a lost culture of First Men, an ancient race of the Wilderlands.

Dark Tower takes place in the Desert Lands south of Viridistan City-State of the World Emperor. It has a lot of info about the gods, Set and Mitra.

WereSteve

First Post
There are also some new adventures scheduled to come out using the Castles & Crusades rule set from ...

Adventure Games Publishing

In addition, from what I understand, the group that worked on the modules that Rob mentions above are hoping to be able to do more modules through Goodman Games, so you might want to check back from time to time with ...

Eostros Games

Remove ads